Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 15?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iistixxxii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 15?
    Posted: 23 April 2008 at 7:54pm
Built My First HD 15 Was wondering how HD 15's will stack up against a cerwin vega junior earth quake ? Also is it true that the more HD 15s I have The lower my bass will be? PLanning on making 3 more and using it for my back yard.
bitcore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 8:41pm
JE-36 is not really a kick cab, it's more of a bass bin that doesn't go too low and has an awful wavefront up close (most of this is due to the cheap driver they use in it). Yes, more HD's stacked together = more throat area, which increases their lower bass response. They were designed to be ran in stacks.
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:59am
Originally posted by iistixxxii iistixxxii wrote:

Built My First HD 15 Was wondering how HD 15's will stack up against a cerwin vega junior earth quake ? Also is it true that the more HD 15s I have The lower my bass will be? PLanning on making 3 more and using it for my back yard.

how bigs ya back yard??!!!

,....any chance of pics of ya first build??

.....What drivers are you planning on using??

peas,
N
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:10am
Originally posted by bitcore bitcore wrote:

JE-36 is not really a kick cab, it's more of a bass bin that doesn't go too low and has an awful wavefront up close (most of this is due to the cheap driver they use in it). Yes, more HD's stacked together = more throat area, which increases their lower bass response. They were designed to be ran in stacks.

more HD's stacked together = more Mouth area, not throat! but you're right in what you say bitcore. This effect doesnt go on forever tho, once you have a massive mouth area the horn length becomes the limiting factor.
iistixxxii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iistixxxii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 3:55pm
Yeh I have pics umm pretty small I live in NYC I plan on using celestion or eminence drivers built my 1st one and im pretty impresed with it.pics will come soon
 Post Reply Post Reply