Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 Controller setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janovic_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 Controller setup
    Posted: 28 October 2014 at 6:11pm
hello!

got some small problems with my hd215. now repaired everything. just want some opinions about my controller setup.

2 Stacks of 6 HD15 or one stack with 12 HD15, but most of the time 2 stacks.

chassis is oberton 15b450 (450w rms) (see google).

amplifier is about 3600watt each stack (2700watt rms).

Running them from 44 Hz (24db Butterworth) to 151 Hz (18dB Butterworth).

Low Cut set by the Equalizer 25Hz.

Is that working?

Especially want to know if the chassis is getting cooled by this setup enough? I mean, moving of the membrane..

Thanks for your help.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 7:45pm
  Looks ok to me, I ran my HDs 45-150 and they sounded great. Each cab should be getting around 600w which for a 450w driver shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you're not doing anything daft.
janovic_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janovic_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 9:49pm
which filter you use at 45 hz?

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 7:00pm
running these cabs at 1200W per bin should not be an issue, limiter set to avoid the Amps clipping, Butterworth 18-48 HPF at 40-45,depending on sub content, volume and taste, LPF suitable to your Tops, 155hz sounds quite honky tbh., some EQ might cure that issue, depends a lot on styles played and the Tops :)

are you using dynacord`ish tops btw?
;)

The Limmer doubles showed no signs of stress cutted even lower + EQ down low to sound more balanced on their own.. (thats 4 a side in a small venue, hpf only starts to get important if the levels are up to the limit of the cabs/drivers limitations)
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 7:01pm
  24db butterworth, same as yourself! I also ran 24db butterworth at 150, there was nothing scientific about it, I played with a few different slopes and that's what sounded best to my ears.
janovic_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janovic_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 8:02pm

Sounds brilliant again... Clap

Edited by janovic_x - 03 November 2014 at 8:06pm
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 9:07am
PA horns for hf?
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
janovic_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janovic_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 10:39am
no, just decoration ;) they are from a trainstation...
 Post Reply Post Reply