Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 Driver Sims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 12:15pm
Hello Dave and everybody, such a nice & usefull thread, but please help, it NEEDS UPDATING!

New neo NOW!
First: as you probably know the prices for neo's are going up NOW, several rcf drivers are 2/3 of the factory price from thomann, they didn't rise the price yet! I consider to buy Neos NOW!

mid-bassdrivers:
Driving a hd15 to 250 hz can be relevant for tms-2 and tse-111 alike cabinets (ev sh-1810, das st110 etc). DJ-leco asked for RCF MB15N401 sims, I would really like to see that sim Now!-)

rcf-info:
How can the the RCF_LF15N401 have a higher spl than pd.158 when the sensitivity is lower?

Missing graph
-As tweeter box pointed out in the year 2009 the pd.154 & pd.1550 sims are gone! -Are they censored? Or just missing by mistake?

THANK YOU SO MUCH PLEASE ANSWER :-)
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:10pm
rcf-info:
How can the the RCF_LF15N401 have a higher spl than pd.158 when the sensitivity is lower?

this can probably easily be explained by the quite considerably higher power handling (300w more) but probbaly more importantly the higher x-max, i think when i just looked them up the rcf is around 8mm and the pd only around 6mm, when it comes to producing high spl bass quite often high x-max is more important than sensativity, thou ultimatly it helps to have a high ish figure on both, sadly as x-max goes up sensativity usually goes down. Except of course with cheap rubbish speakers (eg, skytech, class D, soundlab etc) where both figures tend to be rubbish!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..... or the one.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 9:12pm
good point for max spl , but are these sims not all at the same 1 or 10 watts or something low?
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 9:23pm
ah yes, of course these sim's are probably based on 1w1m or similar. Well the other reasons will probably be things like..... The sensativity quoted by manufacturer is average sensativity, so even thou one driver may have a higher average, it may be at 1khz which for a hd15 is of no benefit at all..... other reasons may be the QTS and VAS figures, if these figures are higher then the driver might want a bigger box and as a result it may be slightly restricted in a small sealed cab like the hd15..... those are the main things i can think of at the moment :\
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..... or the one.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 11:17am
thanks for answers, looks like i would just have to sim the rcf mb 15n401 myself, should be possible by entering the input screen, or maybe just pm Dave.

edit: HELP! :-()

Edited by tv00 - 25 September 2011 at 1:52pm
akashic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akashic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 11:50pm
Hi

can someone please do a sim and post here for a JBL2226h?

thanks in advance

andrew
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2012 at 12:50pm
I think I've seen that 2226 sim around.

Edit: Just forgot I wanted to sim that for you, have the values on my other pc, I will sim it for you next time, otherwise just try, it looks complex but it's just about putting in the right values. If you have any chance, sell them & buy pd.154, here in Dk 2226 almost sell for the price of a new pd.154

I just simmed the drivers I mentioned above myself, and i come up with ONE BIG QUESTION:

Hov do hornresp respond to driver sensivity? I guess it does.
For me it seems like rcf mb15n401 / lf15n401 has the SAME sensivity in the horn!
But in the specs mb is 100db / LF is 97 db

Is that the bl factor getting lf up on the side of mb?
Any suggestions

I Tried to model the tms-2 horn myself from daves method, and I don't really understand about that extra path length, but the sim seems to work out pretty well.
The tms-2 horn is DIFFERENT! The back chamber is relatively smaller & front chamber bigger .

Edited by tv00 - 30 March 2012 at 2:41am
MylesUndetected View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MylesUndetected Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 4:24pm
Did anyone ever find out what the HD15's sound like with Celestion drivers at all ? Just was thinking of using a couple of Celestion FTR15-4080F in an HD-215 but also have 3 single cabs that I need to think about loading shortly. Reason Im looking at these particular drivers is because I can get a very good price on them.

-Myles
ewgreenfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewgreenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 10:10am
has anyone tried the P audio e15 600s got some around the workshop and want to put them to good use
"sound is my silence"
duminku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duminku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 4:32pm
hi  i used   jbl gt5-12  the bass is not that good do u now y ??
duminku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duminku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:30pm
does some one now how many liters there is in a hd15 please asap

djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by duminku duminku wrote:

does some one now how many liters there is in a hd15 please asap

Which bit? The whole cab external or internal, the horn section, the rear chamber or the compression chamber?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>