Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 from Italy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

Are you sure you need that many Tops?

I would think 2 would be enough.

Originally posted by massisoda massisoda wrote:

I think to change all in mid/high section when I complete all the system ...
Probably I'll buy (4 or 8)active speaker with 12" and 1,5", something like behringer b1220 dsp...before I will heard the 1220's

No I don't think this is note a good idea. 

In a point source system you don't want multiple mid-top units servicing the same area.

you can go for 1 top a side. in which case you need it to have wide dispersion 90 degrees and a Hi SPL. 

But a better solution maybe to go for a speaker with a dispersion 45 or less degrees, array these units to cover the area. The fact that you can use multiple units will allow you to control the shape of the sound to fit a venue or help avoid noise complaints. 

Edited by Speaker Sol - 13 December 2010 at 7:22pm
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 8:26pm
ok...what do you raccomend to me,to buil for mid/hi section?can you give me some example/plan/commercial model?

Thank you
Italian Sound
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 8:32pm
Depends what you need and what your budget is. 

What you planning on using it for.
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 8:42pm
I rent the system.

what I need is a mid/high section (200/250 hz to 20khz) with good quality & sound pressure...
no problem for build more than 2 mid high section(i prefere for hanlding).
I remind you,tha i have 8 "sub"(pic in page 1) and 8 hd's.Probably better go for 4 mid/hig section?
If I don't have enough money now for build or buy,i'll save money and build/buy after...

thank you for your support,I appreciate Wink

Edited by massisoda - 13 December 2010 at 8:43pm
Italian Sound
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 2:51pm
"I rent the system"  isn't really enough information. 

What is your target market? 

If your primary reason for owning the system is rentals you will probably be best off waiting for a Pro speaker to become available at a decent second hand price. TurboSound, Void, Martin, F1....

It really depends on how much money you are going to spend. I don't know what it is like in Italy, but here in Ireland you need to invest a lot of money in very high quality gear before you can start charging enough to make a living out of it. And to be honest you should really know enough about running sound systems to not have to ask what you should buy if this is the market you are going for. 

If on the other hand you just want to have some fun, learn about sound system, do lots of partys and the occasional hire, then there are a number of home made designs you could go for, There are lots of people running similar systems to you on this forum, I would consider searching for what they are running above there HD15s.

I can't really give you more advice than that unless you give me more details. But I would rather explain how design of speaker will work rather than pick one out for you to use. 
The best speaker for you is the one you decide on yourself having made an informed choice based on your understanding of how sound works.
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

"I rent the system"  isn't really enough information. 

What is your target market? 

If your primary reason for owning the system is rentals you will probably be best off waiting for a Pro speaker to become available at a decent second hand price. TurboSound, Void, Martin, F1....

It really depends on how much money you are going to spend. I don't know what it is like in Italy, but here in Ireland you need to invest a lot of money in very high quality gear before you can start charging enough to make a living out of it. And to be honest you should really know enough about running sound systems to not have to ask what you should buy if this is the market you are going for. 

If on the other hand you just want to have some fun, learn about sound system, do lots of partys and the occasional hire, then there are a number of home made designs you could go for, There are lots of people running similar systems to you on this forum, I would consider searching for what they are running above there HD15s.

I can't really give you more advice than that unless you give me more details. But I would rather explain how design of speaker will work rather than pick one out for you to use. 
The best speaker for you is the one you decide on yourself having made an informed choice based on your understanding of how sound works.

My target,is yes to rent the system,but is not my first target.I love music,I love to party,I love to work when I rent the system...and I love good quality of sound system,and what I search is quality and power(pressure)...
Is not only for make money but many times I use the system for my parties and for my carnival wagon(is correct wagon?Smile)
ps: i prefere to build my speaker for personal satisfaction and also for save some money Wink

probably I'll try to project myself this mid-high section...
Italian Sound
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 6:32pm
Okay thats more like it.

Not the best person to talk to regarding designs, but probably 4 half http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=mt122

Half as in 1x 12 and 1x 2inch compression driver. 2 cabs a side. 

Some one else might have a better idea but that is probably the kind of thing you are looking for. 
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:12pm
uhm,there is some driver of Rcf,Ciare,Eminence or Pd suitable in?
or buyable from Thomann?

thank you
Italian Sound
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 9:57am
i'll go for mt122
Italian Sound
giordihc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giordihc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by massisoda massisoda wrote:

uhm,there is some driver of Rcf,Ciare,Eminence or Pd suitable in?
or buyable from Thomann?

thank you

You can call http://www.etabeta-el.it/ they have everything you need for this plan.Wink
massisoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massisoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 8:04pm
50/60% Big smile

Italian Sound
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 9:04pm
Thumbs Up are you gonna be putting handles on those?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>