Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 & G-sub time alignment/delay settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexdj2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 & G-sub time alignment/delay settings
    Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:22am
Evenin' all

I have a pair of 215 HDs (kappa lf) and a pair of G-subs (18xb) along with some reflex tops and have been trying to work out the correct delay settings, but without any appropriate software / sufficient knowledge i'm rather baffled.

The G-subs are placed on the floor with the 215HDs ontop and the reflex tops directly on top of them (they're 4ft high alone).

I was hoping someone on here may have used this set-up before and know what the best rough settings are. I know it can depend on room size and many other factors but as this is constantly changing and sometimes outdoors just a rough guide would be muchly appreciated.

At the moment my xover settings are:
G-subs @ HP 36hz - LP 91hz (24db Linkwitz-Riley)
215HDs @ 99hz - 180hz (24db Linkwitz-Riley)
Tops @ 190hz - 20khz (24db Linkwitz-Riley)

Cheers in advance guys :)

AJ
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:30am
Theres a nice and easy but not 100% accurate way of doing it. Get the gsubs to play to 110 or the hds to 80 just for testing purposes.Get a around 90hz sine or pink noise wave.Make sure they are about the same loudness before starting to delay the gsubs.Invert the phase on either the hd or gsubs and start delaying until the sound gets quiet,when you find the most quiet spot flip the phase back and there you have it. This was all written here before and its a nice and easy way of doing it.
Alexdj2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexdj2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 2:17am
Thanks I'll definitely try that later this week :) Cheers! 
 Post Reply Post Reply