Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd15 plan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd15 plan?
    Posted: 27 February 2013 at 1:24am
has anyone got like a straight forward hd15 plan I want to start making them but the other plans aren't detailed enough I need one with the cutlist when its cut how to piece it together something I can follow whilst im doing it cheers :)
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 1:29am
you dont need a cut list

just go to b&q and ask them for the speakerplans hd15 flatpack

they will know what you what
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

you dont need a cut list

just go to b&q and ask them for the speakerplans hd15 flatpack

they will know what you what

lol.... +/-3mm here or there.... lol
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
maximus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 10:46am

yeah your pretty funny mate well done but I do actually want to make some speakers could I have some help I clearly don't know what im really doing and want to learn can someone help me please

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 11:35am
the hd15 plan is fine i think. there's not many bits of wood in them so it shouldn't take you long to make the cutlist. and there's free sheet optimisation software about so you can use that to arrange the cuts on sheets of wood for you.

once you have your wood cut you just need to assemble it in the right order. common sense and forethought will stand to you here. just be sure to do things like drill holes for driver bolts and fit the tee nuts before you put the cab together. stuff like that. the only weird bit with the hd15 is doing the curve. if you search back through the forum there has been a lot of talk about how to do this.

it's all there... if you want to build speakers... then this is building speakers, working all this stuff out.

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 11:36am
and the guide on the main site is great too.

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=guide
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 5:59pm
  I found this very helpful when I built my HDs;

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 2:53am
Originally posted by maximus maximus wrote:

yeah your pretty funny mate well done but I do actually want to make some speakers could I have some help I clearly don't know what im really doing and want to learn can someone help me please

...patience is a good start.

now before you start have a look on these forums for the non-curved version too. i believe it havs either 3,4 or 5 "slats" instead of the curved section as alot of people find it hard to do the curved bit (myself included)

look at as may build threads as you can regarding the HD15 as you dont want to steam in and then relise you should of stuck the t-nuts in.... the other way round!!

best rule my father ever tought me was measure twice cut once! once you have cut all your wood do a dry run of putting it together (no glue!!).... buy clamps!.. i have verying sizes and they help emencely!!

i could go on. just look through the build threads and stop being so touchy... or you'll explode reading most of these threads alone!

..oh yeah..... have fun!!!! its wat its all about

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply