Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd15’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hd15’s
    Posted: 16 October 2017 at 1:53pm
Go easy on me because I’m a complete newbie but I’ve acquired two HD15’s and an MT122 from a friend, and I wanna get some subs built to make a nice little system. I’m predominantly gonna be using it for little private parties outside, max 100 people at the moment and I’m a bit torn between building horn or reflex cabs. Does anyone have any experience of doing little outdoor parties and what did they find to be the most effective for drum n bass and techno and other bottom heavy styles
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 1:57pm
Lots of options but if simplicity is what your after...

Cubo 15/18
X1
G sub
Msnell83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 2:20pm
Cool cheers ross, g sub is a box I’ve heard mentioned a lot, not overly concerned with simplicity as I’m not building it and my chippy mate like a challenge! G sub and x1 are reflex box’s so I’m guessing you’re recommending these over horns. So how many g subs would cover the hd15’s and the mt122 in your opinion?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 2:50pm
No.. the X1 is a bandpass 6 box....

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 3:02pm
In that case I'd look into building 2 hog scoops. Great all round cabinet for sub.

Of course this all depends on budget. Amps available, driver available, storage, transport, does it need to stack as one or in two stereo stacks?
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 3:03pm
If its 100 people max, why not get rid of hd15s, and build a couple of 15" reflex boxes....

Frankly, for 100 ppl max a mt122 is kind of overkill and impractical, but maybe thats what you like, so who am i to judge......
Msnell83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msnell83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:17pm
Ross we’re probably gonna have one stack, thinking I’m gonna choose the box first as that will dictate the driver? The storage transport and cash (ish) aren’t really too much of an issue. Mini mad cheers I thought it was reflex my bad! Bob like I said I came into these speakers and I don’t wanna necessarily make new mid tops until I’ve got some sub but it would be nice to build something that can be paired with the mt122, this might sound counter intuitive I know but I like the idea we might scale up one day!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:50pm
Tham15’s would be another alternative. Go a bit lower than cubo’s in singles
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:48pm
Going to be a four way system then. Even as one stack, two MS18 or similar, then HD, then the MT. Proper overkill and a sod to get right. 100 people? Sell it on and do a smaller two way system?
It's everything, not everythink!
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Going to be a four way system then. Even as one stack, two MS18 or similar, then HD, then the MT. Proper overkill and a sod to get right. 100 people? Sell it on and do a smaller two way system?

This
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 6:01pm
horns are usually a bit more expensive and complicate to build and load, 2x 218s reflex even with rel. cheap drivers should keep up with what you got already and are easy to build..

my only concern in that setup would be the rel. narrow dispersion of the mt122.. no problem for up close mash-up dances in the woods but ideally you`d swap that top for 2 arrayable 60° reflex tops (ferrite loaded mt122 aint great fun to stack aswell + unflexible for say stereo/smaller setups) ;)
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:17pm
What music? Maybe just built 4 more HDs and run a mono stack of 6 to get started. Easy processing, won't need a lot of amplification. Stack of 6 HDs is quite fun. Call it your training wheels. Once you can run that well then think about adding something under them - or whatever you fancy. Maybe build 6 more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>