Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd15’s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

No. This is a library... the books are just refusing to open.

more like the books have a full-on fist fight with each other LOL  
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

..only becuase some one has mixed the fiction with the non-fiction...

On evaluation, I think a referral sticky section on top of each sub section would be very very advantageous. Where any "simple" question just has one of us stick a link to the relevant sticky with a warm welcome and a smile.

And the ones of us with the big brains (that certainly isn't me!) Could be as so very kinda as to write up or cut and paste some good info on basics and a few steps by steps.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 7:15pm
one of the mods (when there was more than one) (norty303 i think) started a thread called "technical classics" at one point. which i thought was going to become a list of links to particularly useful threads or posts. but i don't think anything came of it.

maybe we should start refering to some of these and encourage ian to link to them somewhere.

as toasty is saying.. all the info is here really. but searching can be difficult, even more so when you don't actually know the terms for what you're searching for.
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 9:29pm
ha, it's on the home page between General and Plans, never really noticed it Confused

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Keen Keen wrote:

ha, it's on the home page between General and Plans, never really noticed it Confused

But there's nothing in "Technical Classics" except a 49-reply thread in "Signatures and Company Advertising"  

In the Technical Archive there's absolutely zilch.

It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.
B: An OnlyFans daughter
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:57pm
yes i know. but the section is there. and it's an opportunity for people to link to stuff that's been posted on here that's particularly useful
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

It’s one book in the biggest library ever. There’s tons of books. And DVDs and audiobooks if you want to flog this analogy to death.

The problem is people are opening one book, seeing a reference and then going oh well too much effort and just skipping ahead.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

yes i know. but the section is there. and it's an opportunity for people to link to stuff that's been posted on here that's particularly useful

Smile Eight and a half years, and not one link made Clap

Right there was one of the first places that I looked when I joined this forum, and I was wwwwaaaaaayyyy disappointed to find nothing there.

Edited by BJtheDJ - 31 October 2017 at 11:43pm

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 1:06pm
I set up the section when I was admin so that mods could move threads that were of technical interest to the section, but it required actual action by someone.

Then I got done with the place and the attitude and how it was making me feel on a daily basis...

I did a quick search (because it actually does work) and found Toasty's recent posts about the right way to do it in the Newbie section.
Why he isn't capable of just saying "I wrote it recently in a thread in the Newbie section" instead of the longer stuff he's written earlier I don't know, but its there if someone can be bothered to copy/paste it somewhere and sticky it.

I think too much time around forums generally poisons the mind somewhat, but its still a far cry from the 'help' given on Facebook groups, and at least the archive here is searchable...
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

I set up the section when I was admin so that mods could move threads that were of technical interest to the section, but it required actual action by someone.

Then I got done with the place and the attitude and how it was making me feel on a daily basis...

I did a quick search (because it actually does work) and found Toasty's recent posts about the right way to do it in the Newbie section.
Why he isn't capable of just saying "I wrote it recently in a thread in the Newbie section" instead of the longer stuff he's written earlier I don't know, but its there if someone can be bothered to copy/paste it somewhere and sticky it.

I think too much time around forums generally poisons the mind somewhat, but its still a far cry from the 'help' given on Facebook groups, and at least the archive here is searchable...

Thanx for the reply.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345