Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD215 PLAN CAD DRAWING + BUILD PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silas )))))) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:31am
Hi HBL love the build, How do they sound?
Also wondered if i could see the pdf maybe? i have just finished 4 HD15's UV glowing pink and i prefer the look of the doubles

Cheers
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 1:15pm
Nice build! Cheers for posting pics, build pics are definitely some of the most interesting threads on hereSmile
burn_after_reading View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burn_after_reading Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 2:47pm
heathrow, could you point me in the direction of where you got the clamps you used for the five sectional curve in the hds?

http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd215-plan-cad-drawing-build-pics_topic4734_page4.html
Forward Motion SS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forward Motion SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by burn_after_reading burn_after_reading wrote:

heathrow, could you point me in the direction of where you got the clamps you used for the five sectional curve in the hds?

+1
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 7:18pm
those clamps are crap and dont work

use the wooden former method and strap it down
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
freedomdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedomdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:00am
Dearest HBL

Planning to do 12 HD215s, really need that kick!

Could you in short point form sum up what I need to consider, take care of etc. and then also either post or email me the .pdf files with your very nice drawingwork?

... and by the way: What has been your experience with the cabs so far?

I have also wondered, the flare is part of a circle. Ive studied a lot of paperwork and other speakers, and found most of them has a flare that to some extent follows a exponential curve - what is your opinion about this?

Looking forward to hear from you.

BR Freedomdk

PS: My current system, which I need to upgrade is depicted here (only stacked for photography, NOT for audioreproduction :-))

As you can see, there are 6 horn bins with 2x18". It is these that I need to supplement with 12 pcs. 15" bass kickers.

... if you cannot measure it - you cannot improve it!
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

http://www.bl-online.org/users/lasse.lukkari/hd215/HD215.pdf

didnt see this! duh

any one fancy labeling this for me?
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2012 at 5:53pm
Nice one HBL, quality build and thanks for taking pics at each step, kind of like the story of a speaker build! Very useful thread and awesome result dude!

godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 1:04pm
HBL, could you email the CAD drawings over to me please, gonna build myself a pair but like you going to get it all cnc'd to save time etc.

PM me and I'll give you my email
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 8:01pm
A little off topic, but, Recent thought I've started to have with HD215, what if where the triangular sections that I guess basically funnel the sound forward into the horn were either removed or spread apart slightly and the whole box made a little longer & then perhaps a 12" driver Horn mounted to the rear of the HD215 so it uses the same twin curves as it's own horn to help it project or throw further, the twin curve design front loaded not being much different to the 15" design that used to be in the eminence design book. Possible problems I see are, if you don't keep the triangles will the sound find it's way out correctly, or will the mid driver help "push" it forwards? especially maby if you mechanically align them by moving the mid backwards. And if you make the cab longer to keep the triangles, obviously the horn mouth area becomes bigger and will this affect the kick sections performance? I guess one solution to this is to use the Quad HD design, so then the 12" mid could be inbetween the 4 x 15's and avoid much of the air pressure :\
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..... or the one.
DiscernAudio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 5:51pm
I did a comparison of the Original curved horn vs the modified angled sectional horn (dimensioned in this thread).  Here is the out come....

They are aligned (w/r/t the cabinet) such that both types of horns' mouths leading corner axis are aligned and recessed 38mm from front edge of cabinet

Edited by DiscernAudio - 25 March 2013 at 5:57pm
DiscernAudio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscernAudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2013 at 6:06pm
Also, just to confirm (and big ups to HBL), the ends at the throat do no align visually, BUT the shortest distance (throat) is nearly identical...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>