Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello ALL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moetzmoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello ALL
    Posted: 02 June 2022 at 1:59pm
Hello there! I'm Colin, and just signed up to the forum.

I've just recently come across this forum that seems to be packed full of awesome info and helpful guides on building speakers, can't wait to get stuck in and learn new stuff from you guys.

Im not a pro on any level but I love working with wood and a hobbyist when it comes to audio. so I thought of giving it ago at designing my own little cab.

My first Hurdle is, calculating the volume of a box. I plan to build a small simple 6 sided symmetrical cab to seat a B&C 8CXN51 (500w) coaxial driver I have laying around. Because this is my first time designing a box i've been trying to learn how to calculate box volume for the size of the driver so I can get my final cutting dimensions, I can't seem to find how to calculate a 6 sided cab with different size sides on the net as there all just simple 4 sided cubes on each link I click on.

if anyone has any links to something better than what i've found it would be appreciated! Unless someone already has the knowledge to pass on. Or even an online tool for the job (which i've search and failed LOL)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 2:25pm
Easiest thing is to break it down into subsections made up from simpler shapes, eg squares and triangles:

Edited by DMorison - 02 June 2022 at 2:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply