Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help!! Something wrong with my scoops..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 12:12am
its sounds great in a scoop Ceharden, but wont please the masses as its too clean... it has very very nice balanced tone.

Edited by bee - 05 July 2016 at 12:12am
https://www.elements-audio.com
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 12:47am
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

The 18LW2400 is very much optimised as a clean, accurate driver for reflex cabinets.  As previously mentioned it's probably a bit too hi-fi for scoops!

How did you come to that conclusion? 
It is almost identical in the T/S with the 18TBX100 that is widely used in scoops, reflex, horns and bandpass boxes with great results.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 1:20am
There is a difference between what typical SP members say is a great driver in Scoops, and what people who own Roots Reggae sound systems, say is great in Scoops.

Probably best we leave it there...
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 6:25am
Yes ok, i get that, but it surely wont be that bad as the OP describes. So i dont think the problem is in the driver.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
dreadsoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 6:33am
Looking at the suitable driver for the scoop cabinet, the 18 lw 2400 has most of the parameters that are to considered good for scoop, strong and really powerful.
I hard scoops loaded with Fane drivers (18xb..)and their sound very heavy.
I know there is no competition with Pd1850 or void, that are the top drivers for scoop but I didn't talking in my first post to have an heartquake but the classic boom boom that EVERY SCOOP loaded with a good and suited driver has.
I think that the problem is the volume that for what I heard from my scoop is low..

Edited by dreadsoul - 05 July 2016 at 6:47am
dreadsoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 6:35am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Yes ok, i get that, but it surely wont be that bad as the OP describes. So i dont think the problem is in the driver.

100 % agreed
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by dreadsoul dreadsoul wrote:

Looking at the suitable driver for the scoop cabinet, the 18 lw 2400 has most of the parameters that are to considered good for scoop, strong and really powerful.
I hard scoops loaded with Fane drivers (18xb..)and their sound very heavy.
I know there is no competition with Pd1850 or void, that are the top drivers for scoop but I didn't talking in my first post to have an heartquake but the classic boom boom that EVERY SCOOP loaded with a good and suited driver has.
I think that the problem is the volume that for what I heard from my scoop is low..

Did you check the wiring?
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 3:11pm
Maybe a question of expected performance.

Can guarantee, Void Inf8Mk2, Crown Macrotech 5000VZ, Powersoft K10, MC2 E90, and few other amps, driving 4x Eminence Scoops loaded with PD1850, V18-1000, would put huge smile on original posters face.

If not using the above formula, one would have to embark on intense personal research, to acquire suitably impressive results, with different drivers/amps.

Know this, as I have done it myself..  LOL

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 3:14pm
Should also state, have a mate who bough a pair of the 18LW2400 drivers few years ago, tested them in a number Scoops, and has been trying to sell the drivers ever since. Wink
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Should also state, have a mate who bough a pair of the 18LW2400 drivers few years ago, tested them in a number Scoops, and has been trying to sell the drivers ever since. Wink

BUT, if he states he is getting no bass then maybe you are overcomplicating things. How many relative newcomers to sound systems have not wired things up out of phase at some point?

I appreciate that decent amps and decent drivers can really make things go !!WUMP!! but even a run of the mill driver in a couple of scoops should give off a certain amount of bass even with a crap amp.

Is that your own driver Lev? That must have cost a packet to get someone to make a limited production run?

Edited by Sapro2 - 05 July 2016 at 4:05pm
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 4:24pm
+1
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2016 at 4:49pm
did you try the HPF solution yet? any change?

did you test scoop as single or 2 or more each time? in the second case try to add one scoop and then another and hear if the sound is more is ok...if the tone going down maybe u have some phase/wiring problem...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>