Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Punisher cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Punisher cab
    Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:13pm
Hi everyone !

Me and.my crew are planning our new system. Just got ourselves some Floodlights for tops ! Next step subs and that is where i need help. We've fallen in love with the Punisher V3. However alot of info lacks online. How low do you guys think 12 of them would go stacked either by 12 or two stacks of 6 ?
Any help is appreciated !!
Many thanks :)
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:22pm
You get negligible extra low extension regardless of how many horns you stack. Maybe 3Hz at most. The reality is that the overall response flattens off in the upper region making it sound deeper, because of the increased mouth area changing the impedance marching to the air in front - a horn sub technically extends beyond the front of the box.

If you want the same sound in smaller numbers, just EQ down the peak in the upper region of the response.
FrenchRaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:27pm
Hi man thanks for the reply ! 
Good stuff to know, but what i was really asking is info on the actual cab it's self as i can't seem to find any anywhere lol
It's the V3 version, i'm looking for a graph or something just to know what we are buying :)

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:57pm
It’s identical to the V2. The only changes were to box handling and lifespan with thicker end pieces and ‘cool’ bracing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:59pm
Awesome man thanks for the reply :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:07pm
What would you guys thunk of this setup for techno :

x4 Turbosound Floodlights
×4 MKH 230's or ×4USB's
×12 punishers
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 4:35am
Originally posted by FrenchRaver FrenchRaver wrote:

What would you guys thunk of this setup for techno :

x4 Turbosound Floodlights
×4 MKH 230's or ×4USB's
×12 punishers

For techno it will sound great provided they are good quality builds, made with good wood, you use good amps and you set it up properly. 

We have 12 v2 punishers and 4 xtros and for techno its amazing. We did sound for DJ Bone + others a couple of weeks ago. ~600 people with out breaking a sweat, the party was the best iv been to in some time. 

I have used the MKH 230, I can vouch for it kicking hard but it can be a little honky, especially >200hz. Never used USBs before but people seem to like them. 

Edited by citizensc - 11 May 2019 at 4:37am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:02am
Awesome, we seem to have chosen the right stuff then lol
I'm still quite new to all this and learning. We've been throwing raves in France for 4 years now with 4 MHB 4818's, 2 MKH230's, 2 MH212's and two JBL2345's ^^
It was ime for an upgrade system wise thus our new purchases.

So how low can you go with your 12 punishers then ?? What's your crossover on then ?? 
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 2:12pm
40-90hz. No higher or lower
the midtops!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 4:59pm
Nice one man thanks alot ! I really needed help from.some who has them. I might be going for some invaders then.... damn the choice is hard haha
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:17pm
Punishers destroy invaders imo and are tiny in comparison.
the midtops!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrenchRaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:42pm
Tbh i would prefer punishers... well man i'll take you opinion and try it out ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>