Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hifi sound quality with PA SPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPASOUND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

True, and a cinema is a very challenging space acoustically.
I love doing events in cinema rooms!

USUALLY (/caveat) very well treated rooms, lots of heavy drapes, and carpet often extends up wall too, well padded chairs, with plenty of bodies further absorbing room acoustic. Intelligibility is key!

Some of the most acoustically dead spaces outside of studios, in my experience

+1 Most commercial cinemas are very nice acoustically treated rooms 
Mixing in them is a pleasure! These sorts of rooms will show how 'HiFi' a good PA system can be.
It's just bits of paper flapping about in a box.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2017 at 1:41pm
Arr. They have to be so damped, I think it's because they are a challenging space :)

What I was really getting at is in modern setups you have to deliver a minimum of 5.1 surround, but it has to be deployed such that ideally every audience member gets the same experience. And the seating in any modern medium-large cinema is all over the place. You'd have no chance whatsoever without an acoustically dead room, but then the real fun starts. It would be interesting to chat to someone responsible for designing a cinema deployment.
Williamson_112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Williamson_112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2024 at 10:06am
Sure thing!

Getting that Hifi sound quality with PA SPL can be a bit tricky, but it's doable. 

First, you want to make sure you've got some good quality gear, like speakers and amps.

Then, pay attention to how you set things up. Positioning your speakers right and adjusting the levels is key.

Lastly, make sure your source audio is top-notch. Low-quality audio won't sound great no matter how good your gear is.

For more tips and advice, check out https://hifiaudios.com/ - Hifi Audios. They've got loads of info to help you get that sweet Hifi sound with PA SPL.

el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2024 at 11:19am
following on from the previous 2017 posts....

there was, for a few months, a squatted social centre/ in an old arthouse cinema round here circa jan-may 2017. I only put rig in a couple of times but it was fantastically dampened. the second time was for a dub session and really shone in memory as one of the heaviest and cleanest deployments i'd had in a while.

When they first moved in and upon visiting I actually apologised for tatting some of the cinema av bits as I'd also helped the previous tenants relocate to the new council funded premises as part of the friend's man and van business and we'd infact been the last ones in the building prior to it getting taken.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910