Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop Dub sounds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOG Scoop Dub sounds
    Posted: 14 February 2012 at 1:25pm
How many of these around in the UK?

Would be good to hear how they measure up next to standard design scoops in RicenPeas or Soundsystem sound off.

Would need to have Roots/Dub selector though.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
crucial View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crucial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 2:13pm
Adrians Wall would have been the obvious choice, but he's the other side of the world now.
www.righteousworks.co.uk
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by crucial crucial wrote:

Adrians Wall would have been the obvious choice, but he's the other side of the world now.

Would need long speaker leads then. LOL
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 4:01pm
Sure there is a couple in bristol,i always see the one guy out and know he has hog usb combo,but unsure on his sound,only seen geezer last week at black swan,bet Qss would know him as I mwt him at kuttys event!!!
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 4:50pm
Need Fuzzylogic there mate, that's the guy.

http://www.counton2extras.com/images/uploads/pig.jpg

LOL

Edited by levyte357 - 14 February 2012 at 4:51pm
sonofalesbian View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofalesbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 5:05pm
Herbal sessions from Manchester (jonatron on here) run hogs.

they sound brutal, easily spanked 4 v18 loaded supers and gave 6 looneys a run for their money in a sound clash (multiple genre though, not just dub)
www.brotherhoodsoundsystem.co.uk
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 6:59pm
Lev if your paying for my fuel and time then I'm there...but if not then I'm afraid I'm a little on the busy side atm and have far bigger fish to fry.

Ain't got time to waste driving 250 miles prove to a couple of guys in the back of the village hall that my scoops are better than yours...

Actually f**k it... if it don't clash with anything then I'm up for it!

Name the time and place of your desired hat dinner.

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by fuzzylogic fuzzylogic wrote:

Lev if your paying for my fuel and time then I'm there...but if not then I'm afraid I'm a little on the busy side atm and have far bigger fish to fry.

Ain't got time to waste driving 250 miles prove to a couple of guys in the back of the village hall that my scoops are better than yours...

Actually f**k it... if it don't clash with anything then I'm up for it!

Name the time and place of your desired hat dinner.

LOL

Heard 2x different types of ASS scoops will be in March Soundsystem Soundoff, would be lovely to hear your set up against these.

I'll give you £30 towards diesel, if you can grace us with your presence, your highness.

http://www.saltypopcorn.com/images/dirty-rotten-scoundrels-tope-10-films-by-genre1.jpg

Edited by levyte357 - 14 February 2012 at 7:30pm
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

How many of these around in the UK?

Would be good to hear how they measure up next to standard design scoops in RicenPeas or Soundsystem sound off.

Would need to have Roots/Dub selector though.

Why only UK?

There are some in other countries as well, like this one:

Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 8:29pm
Think when electrikal tried to organise the hog link up there was over 50 or so hogs willing to travel to scotland for it so must be a fair few!
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2012 at 9:23pm
Hog'n'roll Smile
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2012 at 2:50am
Yeah I would have done if I was still in the UK, I did think about entering into one of the sound check dances but the idea of paying out to play a dance when I could just put that money into my own promotions didnt make a lot of sence to me especially given Ive been unemployed since April so didnt really have the cash to throw about. Shame you never made it to one of my dances as there where plenty of chances to hear my hogs over the last couple of years all within a short distance of London.

I would say check out Free King from around Norfolk ways, that's a roots sound and uses hogs, 15" reflex kicks and mt121's through a mostec 4 way. They have played both shanti and channel one in the last 6 months. They have a dance on saturday with 2 other sounds so might be a good place to give them a listen and compare if you can make it up to Norwich. All the details are on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/events/215929048490613/

St Walstan Hall @ The Norfolk Showground, Dereham Road, Norwich NR5 0TT

FREE KING
Ft Prince Livijah & Dandelion

REBEL LION
Ft Chanter & Kingjay

FOUNDATION
Ft Jimmy Ranks & Darrien Prophecy

+ a load of D&B and jungle on function one (I think) in the second room. 10pm till 5am.

Edited by fat_brstd - 15 February 2012 at 2:55am
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>