Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hog scoop kicks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hog scoop kicks
    Posted: 13 June 2013 at 12:46am
I am wonder if anyone can help me chose some kick bins for my hog scoops, I have 6 hog scoops (b&c tbx 100 loaded) and 2 more on the way, i built them mainly for dub step and bass heavy style music but seem to be getting more psy trance/prog style dance party's than dub step gigs at the moment, I am wondering what kick bin is better to use, the es18-bph? or usb kick bins? or are there other kick bins somebody could recommend?
any help would be much appreciated (=

Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 11:30am
Search the forum for the Electrikal Es-18! would be ideal above the hogs as they are exactly the same width as them
Dref View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dref Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 12:45pm
There is plenty to choose from, but I would second that you find something that fits above the hogs.

My SV186BPH would be another option placed on their sides.
I suggest you decide based on what drivers you have available.
A proper build subwoofer will be the only thing in a room that is not shaking.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 3:02pm
Nearly every sound I see using hogs uses ES-18 above them. <20hz in Sheffield recently switched from 4 half USBS to 4 ES-18's and the improvement is huge.
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
cardiffdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2013 at 3:41pm
Use piglets same style as hogs.
premo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 1:55am
Ok thankyou for your reply's =) looks like the best way to go is with Electrikal's Es-18.
drivers in New Zealand are very limited i can olny realy get eminence OMEGA PRO-18A at a cost of $700 nz ($358pound) or b&c tbx100 at a cost of $850 nz ($400 pound) so have been thinking of importing some drivers in from the uk or our next door neighbours Australia.
what are best drivers for these box's? would they be the same as the normal es18 bph?
has anybody tried the eminence omega pro-18a in these boxe's?
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 2:28am
check out thomann cyber store for a good range of 18" drivers. And very reasonable shipping costs to you in NZ ( eg four standard 15kg 18" drivers shipped togerther would be 100 euros, know this from experience). 

Re drivers for es18; pd 186 very popular, good up to 120hz and will go a little lower than most drivers. if you want or need to go higher choose a lighter cone for eg 18sound 18W1000 would be bang on and available through thomann. but yeah definitely get hornresp loaded up and simulate your chosen driver (plenty out there that will work very well) you'll also learn alot of valuable info essential for good set up in the process. even customise a design to your driver of choice. 

also when choosing a driver you may contemplate future changes to the system or uses for your kicks (es18 can be used as stand alone bass for smaller gigs house parties etc) and choose something that will be most practical over the range of intended applications. also fun to have this flexibility at hand and you learn lots when taking these things into consideration.

cheers all the best  
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 2:30am
welcom to the forum too!
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 2:56pm
Heard Pd186 in them. Sounds good if you don't run them too high.
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

Heard Pd186 in them. Sounds good if you don't run them too high.

Have you heard any drivers in them run high, that still sound good.?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 3:05pm
Nothing above say 150hz
Liquid_Steel_Sessions
R8 Records
bujinkan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bujinkan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 6:34am
you based in chch new zealand? and you've built hog scoops?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>