Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOG Scoop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 63>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by b grade b grade wrote:

Originally posted by lurch lurch wrote:

Is there anyway I can find a higher resolution image of the plans? The shop I am sending them to is having issues viewing. They say it's blurry when printed. Cry

Please advise! Cheers!

Handshake

The one on FSP has pretty decent resolution if you zoom in on it.  Could be their printer?

That's what I was thinking but seeing as they are the only shop I've come across that said they would do the cuts I'm not trying to potentially piss anyone off. ;)
lurch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by b grade b grade wrote:

Power Audio Romania has better details on the pieces though

FANTASTIC. Going to shoot these their way. Big up, b grade. You have been much help since I've joined the forum. Handshake
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 9:46pm
No problemo.  Best of luck with the build.
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 10:59am

well after a full night testing of the new Hog scoops i am completed amazed by them, with the es18's kick bins above and floodlights on top its the perfect combo.

i have never heard so much output from such a little amount  of speakers, the floor was moving loads in the pub they were in and  the front of the pub all the glass in both the up stairs and downstairs windows were rattling

the hogs are loaded with 1851's are were running 3k into 2 hogs,

the full rig is a 4 hog scoops 8 es18's and 4 floodlights

were going to build some tilt and splay boards to setup the floodlights properly
Rik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 11:04pm
very nice !
i just bought 4 floodlights got 4 doubles and now gonna build some hogs i think!
how big is the pub? 
im trying to gauge my tops!! do they perform without crankin them up?

My friends say i got no sense of humour! who needs them now i've got my new Miranda Box set
mashgwan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashgwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2013 at 8:36am
hello that room is about 18ft x 30ft , 2 flood lights cover it really well, we normally have them splayed a lot better than that, if you have 4 floods then you would get really good coverage, they have a very high output
lurch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 6:49pm
How would you guys compare the 18sound LW1400 vs LW2400 loaded hogs? The 2400 is the newer model and they have different specs. I'm sure it will work fine. Just curious to anyone's thoughts comparing the two.
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 7:57pm
                               XMAX      / BL     / QES(-.35) / QTS (-.35)/ VAS(-360)/FS     / RMS          USD  

18LW1400               9             24.7       .31            .29             297             31    1000W       $360
 18LW2400              9.5           25.6        .32           .31             230             35    1200W       $330

Edited by RealitySound - 14 March 2013 at 7:58pm
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 8:13pm
Slight advantage to the 2400 I would say.
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
grec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 9:28am
Aloha Stipe.
I builded your 12" BLH and was very surprised by the sound quality. Even it was about 55hz on the low side the bass was unbelievable!
I want to have something with the same level of sound quality but from 30-35hz to 90hz (or higher) range for home use.
So I m trying to choose between Wick One and some of your creations. 
If I put two 12" woofers in Hog instead of one 18" driver  - will it work?
Do I have to change something?
The woofers that I have in mind is the vintage  Wharfadales 12 with low QTS, about 26-30hz and they work extremely well in your BLH.

Thank you for sharing with us your ideas and experience.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2013 at 5:25pm
Bumping the hog thread so i dont make new threads just for a silly question !

Hog owners tell me pleaze is it worth upgrading to 6 from 4 ? Does the difference make it worth the cost?

JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2013 at 7:46pm
If you need PD1850, I can sell you two.
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 63>