Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horn Equivalent Circuit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horn Equivalent Circuit
    Posted: 09 January 2007 at 4:59pm
this is the acoustic equivalent circuit of a horn system, i think it is a marshall leach jr work but i'm not sure, i want ask if someone know the formulas for the calculation of RAB MAB and CAB  that is the acoustic resistence, mass and  compliance of the closed volume posteriorly to the throat of the horn, i' m planning a simple software that calculates the circuit equivalent of a horn system leaving from the thiele small parameters and constructive parameters of the horn, would be my pleasure subsequently to put in the net this software as freeware.
if someone has a better outline and preciser, I am happy for improving my software and invite later speakerplans user to test and to simulate data obtained. thanks for the attention. Bye
LOVAZ AUDIO
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 11:48pm
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/papers/HornPaper/HornPaper.pdf

lovaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 12:32pm
magnificent!, the text is very interesting, the forum of speakerplans is always the better place because there are the best persons. thanks  
now I must study the problem, bye
LOVAZ AUDIO
tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 9:33pm
Hi LOVAZ. I would also reccomend posting this onto audioasylum.com 'high efficiency' There are atleast half a dozen experts who can talk all about this - even to the errors in the paper which were corrected later.

lovaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 2:05pm
I have just submited the same question to audio asylum, i hope finding very soon the solution, (now i'm eating in front of my pc  i'm working 24 hours a day) but you think this circuit is wrong?. Many thanks again mike!
LOVAZ AUDIO
 Post Reply Post Reply