Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

horn reflection absorption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barry1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: horn reflection absorption
    Posted: 06 February 2012 at 9:14pm
hi everyone,
need some quick advice on a 186 horn. Currently I am about to close them and was advised by some people who build on a regular basis to isolate them with this. 
At both sides, at the back of the speaker and in the horn itself. Do horns require this kind of reflection absorption?

Can anyone tell me whether or not this is a desirable thing to do? Or any other solution welcome as well.

Thanks in advance
Barry
barry1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barry1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 9:16pm

See above ...This kind of isolation was advised http://www.isolatie-online.nl/geluidsisolatiegroot.jpg - http://www.isolatie-online.nl/geluidsisolatiegroot.jpg

Lee In Montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee In Montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 1:40am
I would isolate in the chamber, that's for sure. But there ain't much you can do in the horn itself. Also, I don't think you will get much cancellation on the first or second elbow.

barry1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barry1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 4:58pm

Lee, thanks for your quick reply and advice. I'll leave it the way they are then.

cheers Barry
 Post Reply Post Reply