Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horn Resp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theo Lotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horn Resp
    Posted: 11 November 2020 at 2:59pm
is any one able to help me out with figuring out how to run a design ive come up with through horn resp. i know how to use it but am uncertain about the parameter boundaries in the design. so im doing a front loaded folded horn design. theres only an option for four conical segment inputs. so my question is:
-where do i start the horn length in segment 1 (does it start directly from the centre of the driver).
-and where is an appropriate cross section to end and start each segment as there are many bends in the horn path as in any folded horn.
thanks for any help!
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2020 at 4:50pm
Hi if you can post your design and sim we can help to check it.

Where your horn starts depend on how you sim the throat chamber.
If you specify ATC and vtc then there is a throat chamber lenght between driver and S1. If you don't specify any then S1 will start at driver.
If you hover over ATC or vtc you can read LTC lenght value.

About folding horns you need to approssimate the curve as he segments are usually not enough. Google  "advanced centerline method" to find out more, different ways to do this but you will get an idea.
Clicking on con you can change t from conical to parabolic , exponential or other flares if they fit your model more.
 Post Reply Post Reply