Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many G-subs per 2x HD15?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many G-subs per 2x HD15?
    Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:22pm
Hello

Planning to make a single "dance" stack consisting of
2x QSC K12 or 2x MT121
2x HD15 (PD1550 Loaded)
2-3 Gsubs (PD 186 Loaded)

How many Gsubs will I need?  Is 2 enough? Is 3 overkill? Similar threads is wanted. I haven't found anything on google or in here. I haven't read all, but I have read the newest threads in the "HD15" forum.

Uses are inside.

Thanks!

Edited by Aztor - 05 May 2011 at 5:23pm
GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:06pm
I think with 2xGSubs per 2xHD-15 you'll be fine... That's my ideas though..

Giacomo.Smile
https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:57pm
what do you need hd15s for if you use tops that can be crossed as low as 120hz?
Any reflex bin will work well crossed over that "high" and will sound better than mixed up with a kickbin.
(more DSP and more amps needed for the hd15s, just put that money into good reflex speakers and youre sorted... )
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:30pm
The HD15 is just for more kick. 
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:49pm
Na, leave the HD's out.

If you must do kick, do three G Subs standing up on end with one USB laying across top.

It just is.
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:27am
USB will give better kick than HD15?

Kick is not a must, but I think they look cool. And I want to try some new builds.

Edited by Aztor - 06 May 2011 at 12:28am
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:29am
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Na, leave the HD's out.

If you must do kick, do three G Subs standing up on end with one USB laying across top.

Cat amongst the pigeons!!

I assuming you don't currently have any of these speakers? If so, maybe you could look for what would be the best complete solution? What gear do you own at the moment?
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:16am
I think builder is right, but it'd be a neater stack with all same size boxes lying flat. You may have to resize the g-sub to do that but it'll look nice. You could also build 1/2 USBs so you can do a stereo stack or use them for little things where you want wacking kickbass and not much else.
Don't test the champignon sound
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:43am
Originally posted by specialjustin specialjustin wrote:

Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Na, leave the HD's out.

Cat amongst the pigeons!!

I assuming you don't currently have any of these speakers? If so, maybe you could look for what would be the best complete solution? What gear do you own at the moment?
I have G Subs, X12's and ES18bph amongst others.

USB/ES18-BPH I have experience with. Heard HD's many times, no contest IMHO, UBS/ES win.
Before the diciples start, GSub/MT/1850 etc fine cabs.
Progress does happen

Pesronally, if I was building again, and I had to buy new drivers, I would build six ES218 or some naughty but similar F218 variants.
Used drivers for these (non ribbed cone) are however thin on the ground.

Edited by The Builder - 06 May 2011 at 9:43am
It just is.
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:24pm
I have build 2x MT121 and 1x G sub. I realy like the sound of both boxes. I have 4x 186 horn. But inside medium sized rooms i like reflex better.

was thinking 2x horisontal Gsubs with 2x hd15 on top, and mid tops on top of that. I think that would be a stack that seem nice, and stands out!

What would be better for kick?
USB
ES18bph
HD15
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:20pm
No special kick-bins needed!

Just built more reflex cabs and fit them with high quality speakers!
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:44pm
kk!

But just one more question!

If I would make pure stacks of the 3 bellow. What would be the best choice for kickbin?
USB
ES18bph
HD15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>