Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how small?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how small?
    Posted: 14 February 2006 at 3:22pm

after a chat with PAP im goin to construct some XM15's with the P-Audio drivers chosen by Rog,

Just a quick question-

As im goin to cross the XM15's over at 100hz how much smaller can i make the XM15 cab compared to the orginal size.

Any help will be greatly appericiated.

Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2006 at 3:25pm
im gona reshape the cab to make it into a sexier shape (cheers ceharden) but just wanna know how small i can go
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 8:04pm
Which drivers did you decide on, I can't remember.

Basically, make the baffle as small as you can while still fitting the 15" and horn on it.  The rest of the dimensions will be determined by making a shape which will sit nicely as a monitor (right angle, won't fall over when stood on etc).  Then pick a tuning frequency which gives a nice response.

I'd go for something the size and shape of a PS15 if I built any more...

Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 9:49pm

well after chatting to PAP i decided to go for the orginal P AUDIO drivers recommend by Rog,

ill keep you posted on my progress

cheers again

Post Reply Post Reply