Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to get loudspeakers without ordering a hundred
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get loudspeakers without ordering a hundred

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get loudspeakers without ordering a hundred
    Posted: 16 August 2021 at 11:24am
Hello,
I'm wondering if you had advices or any smart ideas to get some Peerless XXLS-P835037. I have exceptional simulations in WinISD for them but the bigger retailers in France won't sell it because they need to order 250 minimum, wich they don't even sell in a year.
Something similar goes for websites like part express : you have to order at least a hundred pieces.
Needless to say, I'll probably need 4 of theses not 100 or 250.
Do you know websites that still sell them one by one ? I don't care paying high delivery fee (as I could have with parts express), because that'll still be less than ordering 100 pieces.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 11:49am
any good....

Edited by APW - 16 August 2021 at 7:38pm
ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 7:29pm
what do you mean ?
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2021 at 7:36pm

You obviously didn’t look at the link in my post…..

The link I posted above takes you to a company that stocks the Peerless XXLS-P835037 drivers in Europe and will sell you single or multiple units.

ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 11:51am
No, I've looked at it. Come on, I'm reading carefully what you write before answering you.
Those are XXLS-P830845, wich are not the same as the XXLS-P835037. It's not even the same size, they are 12"...
Here is the loudspeaker database page : http://www.loudspeakerdatabase.com/fr/Peerless/XXLS-P835037
I've checked sound import website you linked, and it isn't listed :(
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 12:44pm

My apologies, I linked to the wrong driver… My Bad!!

Most suppliers are showing 3 to 6 months before they will have any stock, maybe that’s why SoundImports no longer have them on their website, they usually have the entire Peerless range in stock or available quite quickly.

The only place that seems to have any stock is the component-shop in Hong Kong, they are showing 342pcs in stock.

https://www.components-shop.hk/product/Peerless-by-Tymphany/XXLS-P835037.html

I have NEVER dealt with this company so cannot say how reliable they are.

Edited by APW - 17 August 2021 at 12:58pm
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 12:45pm
Call or email soundimports, maybe they can arrange something.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 1:08pm

I have just done a search regarding the components-shop.hk and it appears they are very BAD… be warned!!!!

ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 7:31pm
Yes, I checked reviews myself and damn... what a scam !!!
Thank you for your concern.

Edited by ssbb1fire - 17 August 2021 at 7:32pm
ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 7:32pm
Thanks for suggesting that, I'm e-mailing them.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 7:45pm
Ordered some bits and bobs from sound-imports over the years. Both located in the netherlands but always a pleasure to deal with.
ssbb1fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssbb1fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2021 at 11:35am
Well, here's the answer : "I’ve just hear that the XXLS-P835037 won’t be made anymore" ... :c
looks like there's really no option to get them :/
 Post Reply Post Reply