Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Hate Filling and Sanding!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 11:49am

Been enjoying the sun again...

All the HDs are now done, ready for paint (this Saturday I spent 6 hours on sanding them again and the X1s)...  have put even more glue into all the joints (not really nescecery but I thought I might as well).. also rounded the doors on the X1s)... burnt my back big time! HOT HOT HOT!

Being sprayed this week, and as long as PD honer the delivery time they gave me I should have everything assembled this Sunday coming.

More pics to follow!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 3:03pm
Just phoned PD.. and confirmed my drivers will be with me on Thursday at the latest! Cool Beans!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 12:03pm
Drivers all arrived,bang on due date.. lovely!

More pics :

Right...I'm off to carnival!!
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 12:09pm
Lovely job Clap
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 12:54pm
cant wait for the rave!!
chrismca07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismca07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 1:19pm
can you use these as a general all round sub#?
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 1:54pm
Rave????

They are 2 HD15s in one cab.. have a look at the plans section... they are primerely kick bins but in large piles (3 doubles or more) you can use them as general bass bins.. (but not really as subs, they wont go low enough).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismca07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 3:10pm
oh right whats the difference between a sub and a bass bin... i was thinking of using them for rock... bad idea? I was planning on using them with mid/tops ranging from 118.5hz to 20hz. Thanks
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 3:25pm
They would be fine for what you need if you had multiples of them. I play rock through my rig. I use folded horn bottom end and the bassdrum and bass guitar sound well meaty through them. You wont get the real low frequencies with these but its not all that relevant with your type of music imo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismca07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 11:01pm
Adam, you know in the hd215's which way does the driver face? surely the cone faces towards the access panel cause you wouldn't be able to put it in once you have built the cabinet. Am I right? cheers
gingerbiscuit69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerbiscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 11:03pm
no, cone is firing into cabinet, magnet in chamber. drivers mounted to the access panel side of the baffle. you can insert and remove the driver as you please.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 11:41pm
like this

img267/7843/presentation1hc8.jpg
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>