Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Hate Filling and Sanding!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:34am
Bit more of an update :

Got back from Carnival on Monday afternoon.. and got stuck in again..

Everything has now had 4 coates of Aldcroft... inside and out in most cases (want to weather proof as much as possible).

Have started assembly!!

1 X1 is almost back together... new wadding, better bolts on doors and wheels, just need to resolder the speakons and bolt the door on.

2 HD215s have handles, egg box foam, speaker cable run through baffles, again this just needs soldering and loading.

Should actually be able to hear them soon!! That's if I can move them... once the drivers are in are seriously heavy... glad I bought a sack truck!

Still left to do :

2 x MA912s still need loading.

4 x HD15s need handles, foam, speaker cable soldering and loading.

3 x X1s need wadding, wheels, soldering and loading.

Still Need :

More egg box foam

8 4 pole speakon sockets

More bolts for the doors (only have enough for 3 HD215s at the moment..and local supplier has closed till the 3rd of Sep :(

Another large ratchet strap.

8 More short speakon cables, for joining cabs (have all the bits, just got to sit down and make them all up)

XLR Y lead to feed the 2 HD15 amps...

Thats it!

More pics to come...
tommysb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 1:28pm
Looking lovely! Well done! Off to do some building myself, in what i fear may be the end of the summer sun :(
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 2:01pm
What are you planning on powering them with?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 4:52pm
Have covered this before on other threads but :

4 x Boke MA912s (SN12B + DE250) : 2 x Berry EP2500s
6 x HD215s (PD154s) : 2 x Proline 3000s
4 x X1s (C18 650LFs) : 1 x Proline 3000

Processing :

AVC2
DEQ2496
DCX2496

Monitor amp : InterM M500 (which will probably be replaced by something more powerful in a 1U chassie... and another LMS, probably another DCX2496.

All cables are pukka Neutrek.. with 4mm speaker cable thoughout.

I know, if anything its the bass amps that are the weakest link in the system.. but I'm working to a budget, and this is a hobby, not a profession (for me)... and I can upgrade later if I feel I need to.

Also need a descent set of Monitors.. I have one truelly sh*tE Carlsbro 15"+ piezo crap box.. need a nice pair of 15" + 1" Comps... not found any in my price range yet.

Edited by adambomb - 29 August 2007 at 4:56pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 5:16pm
You don't need to worry about making up Y splits then, you can use the link through on the Prolines.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 5:36pm

Can I?

Would I need a funny cable tho? (male to male or female to female or something... forgive my ignorance.. can't remember if female is out or in).

Would be great if I could! Cheers for the info!!

Edited by adambomb - 29 August 2007 at 5:37pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 6:31pm
Go in on the xlr and out on the TRS jack, into the TRS jack on the next amp.  It's still balanced and you can get a pack of 6 or so short TRS link cables from Thomann or somewhere for pence.  Easy to use inside or between separate racks.  Most amps have both connectors and you can do the same on them.  If you're running parallel mode then some even give the signal out on the ch2 outputs, but you'll need to check your amps manual to see if yours do it.

I'm not keen on using y splits if it can be avoided as you're reliant on them and making up spares to ensure it works properly.  at least if you're using a single cable of any kind it's easy to have spares to hand.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:07am
Thanks for that!! I have some Jack to XLR leads somewhere.. not sure what sex they are, hopefully I can use those. wicked!

More Progress:

2 X1s are totally complete and loaded (wehay!)

3 HD15s are complete, just need loading and soldering.

Dont think I will get the whole lot done for Saturday, but will have atleast one side, which is a shame but I'm not going to rush the last bits for the sake of a self imposed deadline.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:39am
just dont sleep!!! you can do it man!  I might bring one of my blue hd215's and compare it on Sat...but space is running out fast!
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 1:03am

Well you never know.. it might come together, but I reckon I will still be doing stuff on Saturday.. really wanna get them done, believe!

Really starting to get an idea of the scale of the stack (so far I have never had the whole lot together)... its lookin proper big.. like I reckon I could do carnival next year!! (lol)

Be interesting to hear the difference (if any)...

I would also like to try some big boy amps on the bass too (Rog, if your reading, please please bring a inf 8 v2.. do you think 1 could run 12 PD154s? another good test?!?! never know I might be pursuaded!).

Also been thinking I need to put wheels on everything, bokes have bolts for them but would have to retro fit them on the HDs... but thats not hard to do.
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 9:09am
can't wait to hear those :)

Nice work !

(hey! empty your pm)
pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 9:27am
Adam: we're expecting full pics, no messin! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>