Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I joined here about 10 years ago....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I joined here about 10 years ago....
    Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:57am
Hey guys,

I used to be fairly active in here about a decade ago, and have stuck my head back in out of curiosity, and to also see if I could pass on some old stuff to anyone that wanted it. I've noticed there are strict rules on selling now. Not wanting to incur the wrath of admin, I thought I'd ask.... 

What do I have to do in order to be authorised to post in there? I'm not actually selling, I'm giving away, so can the ebay thing be overlooked due to no financial risk?
Cheers for any help. 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:34pm
Hi Chris,yes ok,fair play,i think that would be ok, just make it quite clear it's free,and you had better put your area,as will be collection only!
Be seeing you.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:52pm
Is that whole eBay link rule thing still in existence? Truly a silly rule in my honest opinion.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Is that whole eBay link rule thing still in existence? Truly a silly rule in my honest opinion.
Agreed, I do my best not to use eBay anymore, it's a pain in the but, I buy and sell on FB groups and use pay pal for safety if it's not cash on collection, not being able to list on here unless it is an eBay sale is way outdsted imo.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 12:45pm
I buy on Ebay but won't sell as there's to many scammers and I'll only buy normally if I can collect and pay in cash. The only thing I buy with delivery are records or very low value items.

Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

It does seem like a silly rule, but unfortunately was a necessity. 

WAY back in the day things were fairly cordial on the forum, back in the days when there used to be far more discussion of actually building speakers lol LOL  I certainly arranged to buy a few things from people on the forum and there was never any issues. 

However there was a period of time where this wasn't the case. People were being scammed or weren't happy with the items the were receiving, and when they weren't able to sort it out with the seller, or even get a hold of them in some cases, they started blaming the forum owner and sending him all sorts of legal letters. 

Now, he provides this forum to us free of charge basically as a test bed. But all of this legal hassle (from sales and from some other issues), and the time taken to actually reply to these emails or in some cases have to pay lawyers at his own expense to do so meant it was quickly becoming not worth it for him to keep things going. 

Rather than being forced to close the forum altogether, the compromise was to make all sales run through ebay, and the sales section just be links to them. That way any problems were their liability and their problem to sort, and the forum was kept out of things. 

K

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 12:11pm
and there were people who were basically only here to sell stuff too, which is not really in the original spirit of the forum. it is difficult, but as kevin's said, the forum provider does us a great service so i'm happy for them to operate it as they like.
 Post Reply Post Reply