Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i need help !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Mardellion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need help !!!
    Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:47pm
I want too build a set of 1850'S and a reflex bin, i am very short on money and would like some advice on what drivers to use please !!!!!!!!!
All coments needed lads and lasses !

a spliff a day keeps docter at bay !
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:59pm
Have you tried to buy used drivers? There is often a good selection of 2nd hand drivers in the "for sale" section from time to time if you are on a tight budget.
Be seeing you.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:31pm
minaximal's post here gives a prettuy comprehensive list of drivers suitable for the 1850 horn:

Originally posted by minaximal minaximal wrote:

ciare 18-5 s
fane 18-1500
18 sound 18nlw9600
pd 1850
void v18 1000
p-audio sd 18
rcf lf18n451
b&c 18sw115
faital lx 1500
beyma 18sw1600nd
bms 18n850 v1

The design of the 1850 horn is optimised for maximum SPL, unfortunately it is designed with top-quality drivers in mind and so none of the ones on that list will be cheap. Th P-audio will be the cheapest if you can find a distributor but quality may not be on a par with the rest (far east vs european). The void probably represents the best value for money.

If you only have modest sums of money for drivers, perhaps you can build the 186 horn instead, it works better with cheaper drivers from a wider range of manufacturers.

What frequency range will the reflex bin cover?
me so horny, me love you long throw.
 Post Reply Post Reply