Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i still dont know what to do...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i still dont know what to do...
    Posted: 24 April 2006 at 4:26pm

hey, i built 4x scoops and want to run them till 120hz.

my problem is, i need an enclosure who runs loaded with kappa 12 or 15 from 120hz to 2k.

My new plan is: 15" old eminence horn plan from 120 to 500 hz

12"  same horn but smaller from 500 to 2k

1" drivers from 2k, tweeters from 6k

i have 3 amps, could i run the bass and lowmids aktive, the mids and highs with a passive x-over together on one amp and make it 4 -way?

thanks iyahs

toxic, you told me the 12" horn would be fine from 120 to 2k, many people say this will abolutly not work, only max. 500 hz. I dont know what i should do now, i am a soundboy and i am not a physics professor

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 11:53am

Yes many reggae soundsystems use a 12 inch horn from 120hz-2khz or higher. Or they use double 15 inch reflex above the 18 inch scoops. Really depends what kind of reggae soundsystem you want to go for. And what type of reggae music you play through it?

Older roots soundsystems like Jah Observer and Jah Shaka mostly use 12 inch horns above the scoops or double 18 inch reflex[shaka], whereas more steppers and dub oriented soundsystems like Iration Steppas tend to use double 15 inch reflex above the scoops.

Also mostly all reggae soundsystems don't use 1 inch comp drivers either.

So tell me what type of reggae music you intend to play through the soundsystem? Or if you play all types of reggae I'd say go for double 15 inch reflex above the scoops, 10 or 8 inch upper mids and 1 inch titanium bullets.

Jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 1:17pm

2K out of a twelve isn't going to happen well, but you should be able to get to 1k with the right driver.

Jim

Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 1:20pm

test test test

Edited by Matthias - 29 May 2006 at 9:05am
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:30pm

4x scoops on infinite 8, 2x 15 inch low mid horns on 1 side of infinite 6, 2x dual 16 ohm 10 inch upper mids on other side of infinite 6, 1 inch drivers on 1 side of behringer amp, hope they are 16 ohm comp drivers, otherwise on the behringer amp you can only have 2 per channel unless u wire them in series/parallel configuration, and then titanium bullets with passive hpf on other side of behringer amp. Which Behringer amp is it? EP2500 or EP1500?

Thats how I would run it with 3 amps.

But then again I wouldn't use 1 inch comp drivers or 15 inch low mids in a reggae soundsystem.

Then again you could do away with the 15 inch low mid horn and build a double 12 inch horn, MT122 minus the comp driver would be fine.

And then 1 inch comp driver after that, with super hf bullets after that.

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

2K out of a twelve isn't going to happen well, but you should be able to get to 1k with the right driver.

Jim

Thats not true, plenty of fullrange boxes cross a 12 inch over at 2.5khz with the comp driver.

I agree on a 15 inch,2khz out of it is gonna sound a bit harsh, but 12 inchers can go to at least 3khz before they sound harsh depending on the driver.

Edited by ToXiC - 26 April 2006 at 2:41pm
Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 10:08am
where can i buy the void stuff?
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 10:51am

I take it your not from UK.

I don't have a clue where alse you can get Void Acoustics products as I live in the UK. You could ask ProAudioParts if they ship their products to other countries. But apart from that I dunno. 

Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 9:07am
i am from sweden its pretty crap to find something i wrote an email but didnt get an answar. i search
Matthias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 12:21pm
just wanted to build my 12" horn mids, and i saw the plans must be WRONG!!

it is the eminence 1x12" horn from the book, can anyone post it here?

the baffle where the driver fits in is 305 mm high, thats too short for a 12"....

what should i do, can i build them and put 10" in there? Is it ok when i take a low qts 10"?! but what is with the volume behind the driver?

its so crap... i just cutted all my wood and it was not that cheap and plans are wrong....

thank you Idren
 Post Reply Post Reply