Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IK Triple 12"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prince123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IK Triple 12"
    Posted: 30 September 2013 at 9:18pm
Got a pair of these unloaded. I've been looking for an equivilant driver to the  JBL 2206. Any ideas anyone ?
jamieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 10:28pm
Pair of what? Post some more information please maybe a piccy. You are more likely to get a good response if you post a few pictures.Wink

Regards......J

Edited by jamieb - 30 September 2013 at 10:30pm
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 10:54pm
not a direct replacement, but few years ago I bought fane sovereign 500w LF from bluearan £46 each. used them in the same ik triple 12 cabs. sounded gd for the money :) 
rffrecords View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rffrecords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2013 at 8:56pm
No. The fane sovereign 12-500LF will work totally differently than the original JBLs as they demand a much bigger box.

Use Eighteensound 12W750 or the Precision Devices PD.12SB30, instead.

From the perspective of frequency response both will be very close to the original (within 1dB averaged,  if you don't count each woofer's peaks and dips).
However, the 12W750 should offer 1dB more than the PD.12SB30 of maximum SPL in the low frequencies region.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2013 at 9:02pm
I assume you are talking about the JBL 2x12 Triple chamber cab.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2013 at 9:40pm
IK logic made by Ivor green. Had loads of them with 2206h's...loved them and wish I never floged them nowCry
oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2013 at 9:54pm

Are these the cabs we are talking about? Sorry the picture is not great but its the only one I have of my IK/Logic triple 12 cabs ( as well as the big JBLs and my eldest daughter in helpful mode) Have the 2206s in mine and never tried anything else. Only need five watts of power to make a racket thoughSmile

Edited by oldskool - 02 October 2013 at 9:55pm
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 2:12am
Well you learn something every day. I've never seen those cabs before, apart from the bottom end of an old Martin Audio cab which looks very similar.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 2:35am
Someone on here modded a pair of Triple 12 to have HF in place of the top driver. Pretty clever work...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 12:06pm
that was boots hifi
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 1:27pm
That was mui! Pretty clever arent I lol! If any body has a pair unloaded or loaded with JBL's ill take them at the right price.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2013 at 3:06pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>