Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

InfraHorn for X1?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: InfraHorn for X1?
    Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:08pm
Hi All,

just wondering, in theory, could I create an "infrahorn" type device to attach to my X1s? or maybe a pair of X1s..

I know the FK1 design has a port int he middle nd the horn is started fromt here, but maybe I could do something simlier, kinda like large W for the X1?

An interesting experiment maybe? or a complete waste of time?

Cheers,

Adam.
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 12:23am
I've had that very same thought ,should be easy enough to find out.got a few sheets of ply lying around(handy working on building sites!criminal what they throw away)any ideas on plans/stacking?I use a block of four,so maybe a double W Bin!

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:28pm
Revival of an old thread.. prompted by the infrabass plan request...

I'm think I might give this a go..

I stack / need to stack with 2 each side... but this could be made stackable so it's no problem as long as you have 2...

Heres my first idea...

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:28pm
first thing that comes to mind is transportation is going to be a right pain in the arse
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:30pm
I would have thought this is going to need some kind of locking / bolting system to attach to the X1s.. to keep it from rattling etc.

Thinking about it, not too bad to transport.. just take up allota room... wonder if this could be made callapsable?
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:43pm
you could try it but i dont think its worth it... you may as well just build some more x1's [and load them with some proper drivers]
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:47pm
hmmm...

I know I know.. may have to update the drivers in mine at some point.. need to try them properly first... however I am wondering if it's worth it for a db or 2.

Problem with more X1s is that they wouldnt stack well.. with infrhorns I could go al Fk1 like.. and maybe get another 6db (12 I doubt very much).

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:55pm
img136/7416/51802028tc7.jpg

theres 4 different variations on the common infra them and about 3 on the x1/ bp6 theme.  all need to be tried to figure out which one to build.

if you want low bass you have to start stacking all the x1s in one big pile... build 4 more and one 'dummy' box and you will have a 3x3 stack.  that will be nice
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:58pm
share em out then... lets see em!!!

I like the flare rate idea, could very port to port.. I wonder is hornresp could be used to do this... I guess its almost like the horn on the HD15..

Don't you think the above would benfit from a larger mouth?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:59pm
its that old iron law [or something] that i keep hitting...

either the box is huge, or you need lots of amp power to get low.  at the mo i have opted to try the power route but even that is getting silly as i will need one proline3000 size amp to run one cabinet AND the driver cost a bomb
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:00am
hmmmm...  don't get me started again.. I blame you for the last building session.... but your right.. a pile of 8 / 9 X1s sounds rather good...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:07am
dont build any more subs yet or buy any new drivers...  i have been playing around with a design in winisd that looks good.  let me save some cash to buy the drivers then i will build it.... takes alot of juice though 3000w rms at 2 ohms.  i think it will go low, exactly how low i dont know
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>