Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

InfraHorn for X1?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:11am
Hmmm.. sounds interesting!

Kepp me posted Wink
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:23am
img215/8656/15607786xi4.jpg

3 drivers, ports around 450mm, plays down to 28hz... all theory though
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:26am
wouldnt you start getting port noise if you put an infra style horn on the x1?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 1:16am
which driver are you planning on using hbl???
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 5:52pm
Hi Adam, Im very interested in building a prototype or two,I think if you can get 2-3 db more out of them it's worth a couple of hours building time.Plus the x1's get a little lost looking under my Martins which stick out over the top of them.Would make my rig look sweet!Got plenty of ply, although it aint the best ply, it's free (which is the best ply when your skint!)Are you ever in Exeter?

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 6:20pm
not been to exeter for a long time... but that doesn't mean to say I couldn't... its not that far from me...

I think it's worth a pop.... looking at the FK1 horn extension there is a throat / mouth to the horn (if you see what I mean).. so I think it might need a bit more design work than just sticking a big triangle on the front... BUT I reckon just trying it with a three bits of ply (stacked like cards).. might give us a clue as to wether its worth bothering...

@HBL.. can't see how a horn extension would effect port velocity?

Thoughts?

Edited by adambomb - 13 November 2007 at 6:24pm
JaKe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaKe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 7:02pm
I think the horn is going to dampen the resonance of the port/chamber combination and therefore it may be worth making a slightly underdamped design - also make it easy to change the tunings for the prototype to see how well the concept works for you.
Would using a series tuned setup work? or looking at HBL drawing, maybe port the rear chamber just in front of drivers 1+3?

JaKe

gazman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 9:00pm

Heathrow that last design you posted is almost identical to a D&B B2...which seems to work well enough!

josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:06pm
how on earth would i go about modeling it though, well i suppose thats a silly question is an akabak job isnt it.
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 7:09pm

Any progress with this folks? Never designed horns before so not sure where to start? - but i'm taken with the idea!

Jon

Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 7:40pm

Im not too sure how to go about it, you could model one half of the x1 with a flair at a time and see what works....?

Or get some chip board and try it out! (brace well!)
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 10:48pm

Without sounding thick i really don't have a clue where to start, building yes ok i can do that, designing hmmmm.... maybe not?

Anyone fancy giving me some pointers? or coming up with a design?

Thanks

Jon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>