Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In-wall design

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In-wall design
    Posted: 18 February 2023 at 8:03pm
Hi everyone! New to the forum. I built a few two way designs many years ages so  Im somewhat familiar with the basics. I would like hear feedback from anyone who has built their own in wall designs. With all the TVs now being so thin, Im amazed that there is literally no information on building in wall speakers! I know that there are several high end units available and many are exceedingly expensive. Building a baffle with some drivers and a crossover may not be exciting to most enthusiasts but I find it hard to believe the speaker community cannot come up with in-walls that are far superior (for a price point) over all the mass produce units. I totally understand that in-walls will never compete with audiophile speaker systems but I just do not have the room for free standing speakers. I assume that this topic may have been discussed to death but for the life of me I can't find much info anywhere! Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! 
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2023 at 1:49pm
Hi Chick, and welcome.
If you can't find much about in-wall's on this forum it's because this place is primarily about rigs to take out and gig with, rather than home/permanent install type systems.
You might get lucky and find someone with that experience, but I'll bet good money you'll get a lot more luck on diyaudio.com &/or some of the home theatre oriented fora.
HTH,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply