Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***IRATION STEPPAS*** DUB&BASS SAT 26TH NOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 3:59pm
big respect to everyone who came to dub&bass last night. was a wicked night. paulus were u there?
vids etc to follow shortly.
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 4:20pm
................... i drove hundreds of miles to attend this. left early as got fried wiv techno! (maybe im jus getting old LOL) was MUCH nicer when Dub Conductor running nice roots n reggae tunes. Biggup Dub Conductor Thumbs Up

..... is that how your sound usually sounds Bassmish? you usually roll wiv 8 scoops? because that was 8 pd loaded scoops on 2 voids!!? what happened to your tweeters?

Edited by spanners - 27 November 2011 at 4:34pm
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 4:32pm
what time did u leave? we didnt play till after iration so I think u may have us confused with someone else. our sound is the white and black one, it got tuned up later tbh, I was very busy on the door until about 12.30.
smugglers is the wood varnish one. yeah both with inf8 on 4 scoops. I have to admit I was running our bass a bit harder than usual. wanted to test what the scoops can do.
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 4:51pm
..... i left bout half an hour into irations set.

i wondered why the stacks were so mis matched. my honest opinion........ the stack nearest the door wiv the 1850's had more pressure but still wasn't really dropping the stack wiv the 1851's was dropping lower but no pressure. any pre- amp action? maybe this would dirty the sub up nicely? the horn loaded kicks wiv the small tops sounded alot louder (not in a bad way) wiv more depth than the 'taller' mid tops. i don't think i heard any noise from either stack above 13Khz? not a tweeter in sight?
the vibes in the place was great dont get me wrong..... its jus that round the corner hi- grade was sounded LOW and RUFF wiv 4 scoops on one amp, and hi- grades volumes were right down..... he could have knocked the building down if he wnted to.
also surely the two stacks must have been cancelling each other? did you try each stack seperatly?

Please dont take me the wrong way...... what you do and the music you make is great. Keep up Jah works. jus bein honest, not saying i could do better....... but would be up for trying Wink

MASSIVE RESPECT

bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 5:43pm
no offense taken whatsoever. we are learning and its nice to hear different opinions. yes the 2 stacks aren't ideal for overall sound quality, and I'd say the same for the room too. very echoey and tall. we have 2 separate control towers so its hard to work together. in an ideal world we would have 2 stacks the same with 1 control tower so we could get it nicer. but we have a stack each sound and so we have combined what we have and so I suppose we compromise slightly on some sound quality to spread the sound out and make more vibes for the people who come. I guess thats what the night is about, proving a wicked night out for people and getting people to enjoy reggae music in different forms. last time we had roots garden and there was a lot more roots playing. this time it was much more of a UK dub digital steppas Vibe. but as you see it works and people like it.

I hope u had a good one, thanks for coming. the night will keep improving, as will the sound and our knowledge and experience.
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 6:15pm
  ''yes the 2 stacks aren't ideal for overall sound quality''

8x 18'' PD's in 8x scoops fed by two voids not ideal? .....  yeh that 'room' is crazy shape LOL ... liked it tho but must b a nightmare for sound.

some of the tunes reallly took me back, got me singing along LOL
Herb-i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herb-i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 9:38pm
Big ups to all systems, we had an enjoyable night Thumbs Up great effort fella.
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 11:30am

Originally posted by spanners spanners wrote:

its jus that round the corner hi- grade was sounded LOW and RUFF wiv 4 scoops on one amp, and hi- grades volumes were right down..... he could have knocked the building down if he wnted to.

any pics of one-a-penny set? 

F.T.S.S.
spanners View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by SBC SBC wrote:

Originally posted by spanners spanners wrote:

its jus that round the corner hi- grade was sounded LOW and RUFF wiv 4 scoops on one amp, and hi- grades volumes were right down..... he could have knocked the building down if he wnted to.

any pics of one-a-penny set? 

... sorry i havent :( .... ask hi grade tho... he might Smile biggup Saulio!
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 1:50am
sorry forgot to take my camera 
looee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 11:38pm
Hello HI GRADE and SPANNERS, Dub & Bass is always a top vibe and the guys have been building up their systems fast.

I'm always interested in dances, where was ONE-A-PENNY playing and what was the event?

Cheers
louis

Edited by looee - 30 November 2011 at 11:45pm
In the spirit of peace unity and understanding

http://www.drummusic.org
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 12:28am
yes mate for me dub and bass is a wicked event i love the vibe there and the way they play different from everybody else Thumbs Up and the system is building it takes time to get used to your system and playing different venues make a big difference ! still nothing wrong with some friendly advice would be better by pm Wink

we was playing in a place called the western in moss side was more of  a dancehall event with a live singer and stage show ! i will post my next events up here mate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>