Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it Posible to increase the total output

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcrude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it Posible to increase the total output
    Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:32pm
Hiya Guys,

Ive been looking around to invest in some new lights and found one which tickle my taste buds, which is the Skytronic LUX-LD01 MINI MOVING HEAD. Once looking at it on line i went to my local and saw it in action.   It was all good! the moovement, the reaction to music, gobos, colour, The only problem i found was that it didnt have the total output i was looking for. . . . what im looking for is the out put similar to a 150 Discharge.

bescause i like the size and the light overall i was wondering if there is a way of increasing the output.

thnx
Crude
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:00pm
Quote i was wondering if there is a way of increasing the output

Buy a light with bigger output.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 1:36pm
buy a head with a 150w discharge lamp then.....
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 3:11pm
I believe american DJ has basically the same but with a bigger LED source, not much bigger though!
Give LED profiles another 12 months and i reckon they would be able to beat a 150w HID - but for now on a budget have a look at an acme  imove IS 200 HID
Don't worry F$cked up bigger gigs than this one...........
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 4:31pm
I am not saying it can't be done, because there is no such concept as "can't" but the chances of buying a ballast, PFC cap, ignitor, lamp holder, lamp and HT wiring for much less than the cost of the unit are slim. As for fitting it ...... The LEDs almost certainly use the same PSU as the logic so you will have to fit a smaller logic PSU in to get the ballast and PFC into the base and then wedge the lamp and ignitor into the head.....

Oh I did I mention optics? this will have next to none for a HMI you need a reflector, heatsheild and a coupla glass lenses.... Which brings us nice onto heat.... Loadsa heat, you need to retro-fit fans, probably quite chunky ones....

I am never one to try and stop someone doing a neat project but me thinks this may be more than a nights work....

Once all that is running you'll need a colour wheel, shutter, driver boards and new firmware, all easy really.

Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply