Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the J reflex 118 bin ok for my driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the J reflex 118 bin ok for my driver
    Posted: 02 June 2020 at 10:12pm
Hi everyone

I am planning to make a J reflex 118 bin 

This is the driver I have ordered 

Can anyone tell me if this will be ok for the reflex design and won't destroy my driver ? 

monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 10:25am
It might be worth posting a link to the plans for the J reflex cab you’re thinking of. Or download a copy of winISD, read the pretty comprehensive tutorial on this forum and get designing. Also, BS drivers are not very highly rated on this forum. All the “British sound” stuff kind of gets peoples back up as does some of the specs of the drivers. However, although the ready made cabs have been found a little lacking to say the least. We haven’t yet had anyone who has used the drivers come on here and give them a proper critique.
blah blah blah blah blah......
jordanclarkdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 11:12am
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

It might be worth posting a link to the plans for the J reflex cab you’re thinking of. Or download a copy of winISD, read the pretty comprehensive tutorial on this forum and get designing. Also, BS drivers are not very highly rated on this forum. All the “British sound” stuff kind of gets peoples back up as does some of the specs of the drivers. However, although the ready made cabs have been found a little lacking to say the least. We haven’t yet had anyone who has used the drivers come on here and give them a proper critique.

I cant upload a photo for some reason but this is the link to the plans of the bin I was wanting to put the driver in 

If you click the link and scroll down a little someone has posted the dimensions for the bin

That driver I bought was suggested to me by Rog from Void, he told me that it was a good enough driver that wouldn't pack in on me. 
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 7:08pm
Did you say to Rog what cabinet you were planning to put them in?

Edited by djeddie - 03 June 2020 at 7:09pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
jordanclarkdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

Did you say to Rog what cabinet you were planning to put them in?

He had sent me plans for a W style bin , told me few things I needed to get in terms of amps, crossover etc, told me that he wouldn't put any lesser driver than the one I bought in and that it was a good driver.

I said to him I was just going to build a J reflex bin much easier build and probably better use for what I plan on using it for and he said that was the style of bin he had suggested to me to begin with. 

Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 7:55pm
I think it is not best choice to properly use the box features, but it will still work.

Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply