Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Turnmills in London Really Closing ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Turnmills in London Really Closing ?
    Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:04pm
Anyone know if Turnmills - London is definately closing or if it's just rumour ?

Quote  Incidentally, i think that Turnmills are going to be selling off their 5w whitelight laser as they're closing any day now.

Quote   I was at turnmills last and got talking 2 1 of the djs when his set finished and he mentioned that turnmills was closing in march to make way for flats, can any1 shed some light on this?? I refuse to believe it this moment in time!

Been reading some places that it may not really be happening!

Got a flyer for a British Telecom Easter dance there on Thurs (before Good Friday '08) & on it says the last dance.

Anyone know for sure ?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Bespoke View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:10pm
Yes it is going for SURE Cry Never mind ..... any body want a laser ? LOL 
B.P.Sound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.P.Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:25pm
IT'S TRUE THE CLUB 'S LAST NIGHT WILL BE THIS EASTER SUNDAY
http://www.londoneventrentals.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/LondonEventRentals
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 12:43pm
Quote Yes it is going for SURE Cry Never mind ..... any body want a laser ?

Is it yours then? Do you do work for them?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:25pm

Been offered all the hardware lock stock and barrel

30k ono...

bs8901 compliant
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:51pm
what does it consist of then?
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 3:41pm
Gutted... Have many fond memories of going there back in the days when I was first introduced to the clubbing scene in London, must be about 14 yrs ago now and I was into hard house at the time... How things change!

I do remember the system sounding great to my ears back then, but somebody I spoke to recently said that it had all changed and wasn't sounding so hot..?
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
Ionkontrol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ionkontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:38pm
Last time I was in there a couple of years ago, it sounded tragic. 20 people all standing on each other shoulders on the tiny sweet spot.Tongue
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 4:39pm
Hmm. Might not be a great idea from random punter quotes found whilst looking for what boxes are in use:
Quote Turnmills itself lacks the rocking attitude and unbelievable bass that Fabric has. The sound system is good but is a bit fuzzy and the bass is distorted slightly.

Quote Turnmills looks like it was last decorated some time in the early 90s and the sound system is nothing short of appalling.
I experienced more of an atmosphere in the queue for the bus on the way there
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:32pm

i had a rental system in there last summer. had a look around when i set it up, and from what i remember, one room had eaw sb1000's, with a mixture of custom mid highs with 2 15's, 4 x 6" mid and a shed load of peizos, and some ancient cerwin vega mid highs. other room had ass scoops flown in the roof pointing straight down ??? 

everything was looking and sounding a bit tired. shame its closing though, i like the layout and the atmosphere you used to get in there

TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:39pm
Those scoops they had were bought new many years ago, and installed by a guy called Peter Lyons. I actually did other stuff there too, but I can't remember what they had. I wonder if it would be closing if big John was still around.
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:55pm
i heard on the radio its closing because the lease run out and pressure from developers..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>