Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Turnmills in London Really Closing ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bespoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 10:56pm
How do we buy then ?
(SoundcreationaudiO) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (SoundcreationaudiO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 11:01pm
yeh, id be interested in 4 x Tannoy V12's
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by 4DPA 4DPA wrote:

Been offered all the hardware lock stock and barrel

30k ono...

get saving!

looking at that list it is very optimistic asking 30K
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

i had a rental system in there last summer. had a look around when i set it up, and from what i remember, one room had eaw sb1000's, with a mixture of custom mid highs with 2 15's, 4 x 6" mid and a shed load of peizos, and some ancient cerwin vega mid highs. other room had ass scoops flown in the roof pointing straight down ??? 

everything was looking and sounding a bit tired. shame its closing though, i like the layout and the atmosphere you used to get in there

I wonder if the seller of this on ebay is aware of its history.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193439537610?ViewItem=&item=193439537610
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:28pm
You know what, i’d seen that sale and thought I recognized those boxes etc. history or not, thats a lot of cash, and i dont see many jbl drivers...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 7:21am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

You know what, i’d seen that sale and thought I recognized those boxes etc. history or not, thats a lot of cash, and i dont see many jbl drivers...

Those boxes with the peizos were built by Peter Lyons in 1994. The boxes  are MDF! The original 15" kick drivers were Volt radials. Back then the bass drivers were 100% PD, including in the Vega, ASS and JBL boxes. The other EAW and JBL stuff got put in much later around 2002 I think. 

The original system was powered off Hill DX 3000 and LC1200, lots of them! I still have a couple of the DX3000 I brought off Danny Newman

Peter Lyons had a falling out with John Newman and ended up removing a bunch of cabs that were on loan to the club. So we got a weekly gig to put extra sound on the main floor for most of 1993 and into 94 IIRC. 

I remember Peter being impressed with the clarity of the peizo top on our somewhat ramshackle rig, and those boxes appeared on the main floor a few months later...join the dots!!!

Also recall Tony de Vit took great delight in telling big John that his tweeters cost a fiver, after he had just paid Peter thousands for the upgrade LOL

Shame it closed, I think Danny Newman got fed up with all the BS of running a venue, he just does promoting these days.

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 13 May 2020 at 12:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123