Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Its just plain silly,BISHOPSOUND VS L'ACOUSTICS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Its just plain silly,BISHOPSOUND VS L'ACOUSTICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 6:07pm
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bassaz/permalink/1864509043564214/ “For the record, I’m always honest” he said... Does an honest man really need to say that.?
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 6:31pm
https://youtu.be/4rMmeVWZ8sE

This thing looks really British!
Loving the green screened Union Jack backdrop...
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 7:25pm
I love that he thinks that's going to pump out anything in the 20hz range (about halfway though when he's extolling the virtues of its 5 band equaliser)

I will give credit where it due and say at least he's getting stuff made even if its the lower end of the market.

The bullshit and lies grate though. If his products are that much better than the competition then he should fund an independent a to b shoot out against the competition, video it and put that up on YouTube. It would be better advertising and actually gey some respect.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 8:34pm
Always got time for people getting out there and 'doing it', respect the hard work it takes to make something work these days.
But the marketing bollocks as you say really grates, it's just a budget trouser that's wider at the bottom...
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 11:25pm
I'll wait till my clients start asking for them over L-Acoustics before orderingLOL
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 1:14pm
What grates me the most is the aspect ratio of the union jack on his logo.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 2:42pm
The man obviously has business savvy and he's not ashamed to push the borders of acceptable business practice to succeed.

The thing is, short of a bunch of people turning up and saying "I bought stuff from Bishopsound and thought it was terrible/poor value for money/it broke after a week/etc", or some absolutely off the wall false advertising (false published T/S parameters or plots ie), there's not much you can legitimately say that doesn't amount to petty sideline bitching, which just amplifies his signal to the market.

To me it seems a calculated delivery of the lowest acceptable level of quality for a product that will be used in professional applications - An area Behringer also shoots at. Some might say it dips beneath that level, but would need to substantiate that claim. You've got the swamp of Soundlabs and QTX and QFX and so on, the real race to the bottom with a faceless brand and zero accountability to the customer, they're the real sharks imo - firewood merchants.

Yes people on ultra-low budgets should buy used or DIY or find a way to increase their budget, but that just isn't always an option, so people in that position need something.

He seems to be able to deliver a 21" neo bass driver for 249 quid inc VAT, with published T/S params that are world's apart from what the price would suggest. https://bishopsound.com/shop/21-replacement-neodymium-speaker-2000w-rms-sub-bass-woofer-4��-bwn21/

The price point and published params make it hard not to ask "well, how bad can it be?". Yes it's a blatant B&C ripoff by a Chinese clone factory, no doubt, but it's not pretending to be B&C, and I'm sure mechanically it doesn't match any existing B&C driver. If it had an original or generic cast chassis design it would be 100% above board and I'm sure it won't be long before the knock-off factories start producing their own chassis designs. 

If I was that way inclined I could design a chassis and go to one of these factories and produce a line for the same price that to all external appearances seemed like a 100% original piece of design and manufacturing. Only a matter of time before some brands pop up doing just that.

Edited by Hemisphere - 06 November 2017 at 2:48pm
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
jcsb36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 8:29am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

"Sold 1000 of these on here" (Amazon and eBay). Look at the feedback and....Nope.

Plenty people doing Chinese drivers in cabs. Some big names do it, open up mega dollar F1 8" cabs ( bar type) and you'll find cheap Celestion same as in NJD but with a coned dustcap (!).
 It's the blatant bull crap that rubs, the union jacks, the manufacture our own, the better than. Just stop it and be honest FFS. Thomann use Elder Audio drivers in their cheaper stuff, do they say made in Germany, or put their flag up, or say who they used to own.......no? People know it's Chinese and they have commissioned it ( as Bishop ) but Thomann have not added a bunch of bull, neither have Studiospares, who are actually honest that they import their stuff by the container load.
 BS might even make some good product, who knows, but anybody seeing the marketing with half a brain..........

Just to stick up for F1 the 8” driver in the F81 is not mega expensive. It’s actually cheaper to buy than nearly every branded 8” on the market. The F81 is not particularly expensive compared to other branded speakers and does sound nice for a small box.
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

https://bishopsound.com/news/customers-say-bishopsound-beats-l-acoustics-sound-quality-value-money/

seeing a union jack on a fist always reminds me of bnp / Britain first rubbish tbh.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

"Sold 1000 of these on here" (Amazon and eBay). Look at the feedback and....Nope.

Plenty people doing Chinese drivers in cabs. Some big names do it, open up mega dollar F1 8" cabs ( bar type) and you'll find cheap Celestion same as in NJD but with a coned dustcap (!).

The better you have a full understanding of TS Parameters, the more you can getaway with things that the average Do It Yourself builder cannot. Matters are worse for those who buy quantity. They have the power to commission customised TS Parameters for their requirements. The average Do It Yourself builder does not take the time to measure the TS Parameters of the drivers they have invested in.

Where the components are made does not hold a factor providing the components meets up to the manufacturer’s requirements. The average Do It Yourself builder are the ones that are going to pay premium prices from a loudspeaker manufacture that is promoting raw loudspeakers on their website.

It is similar to Computers. The Computer literate user will build a Computer or buy a used Computer with no Operating System at a very low price and, customise the Computer to their requirements. The average Computer user will buy a brand new Computer at premium price despite, losing all its value within 6 months and, deal with all the bloatware.

In the States, there are many companies that fall within the Bishop Sound realm that have been around for decades. These companies generally use components made off-shore and promote their product for a particular clientele. Speakers still needs to be heard to reach a conclusion if they pleasing to your ear or they are not worth investing. Something that is lost ever since the Internet Boom Market took place.  

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 12:42pm
https://bishopsound.com/news/bishopsound-customers-love-behringer-inuke-amplifiers/

"One of the reasons that the iNuke are so good and reliable is that I am certain the Lab Gruppen engineers have cast an eye over the design and made a few tweaks."
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 2:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>