Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Its just plain silly,BISHOPSOUND VS L'ACOUSTICS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Its just plain silly,BISHOPSOUND VS L'ACOUSTICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 6:09am
F..k me i unleashed few pages of quite entertaining story
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Bishopsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

The thing is Andrew, you cheerily claim that you 'never lie' but then go on to say you don't know everything about speakers, offering a convenient plausible deniability to any bs claims on the bs website.

You say your active speaker boxes can produce 1400w peak amp power. I put it to you that this is a lie. I don't believe the amps in those boxes will ever measure 1400w output even in instantaneous bursts.

You even tacitly acknowledge that this is a lie via the published maximum SPL figuree for the same box. If it produced 1400w in any circumstance then the max peak SPL would be a lot higher.

Granted this is common practice among budget box manufacturers but that doesn't make it honest.

Hi Jonathan
I am trying to remove all references to anything other than RMS but it's taking me a bit of time. I will not bore you with the history. Thanks for the feedback. I am doing my best and taking on board all the comments from my engineers and the members of the speakerplans forum to the best of my ability.

Thanks Andrew
andrew@bishopsound.com

Thanks
Andrew Bishop
07973 223949

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I blocked him on FB after a very short talk with him.
If he thinks he can sell chinese 18 inch driver for the same price as people can get 18SW115 or 18NLW9601, than he is not strait in his head.

Hi Marjan
Sorry you think bad of me, none of my drivers are £400. I do not make a neo 18" yet but I am working on it. I am aiming to make a credible neo 18" and sell it for under £200 direct to end users in the UK. If you would like to try out some of my drivers in Macedonia let me know. I have a small factory in China and my team have worked with me since they left school. I am sorry if i offended you I can assure you this was not my intention.

Take care
Andrew
Andrew@bishopsound.com
Thanks
Andrew Bishop
07973 223949
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 12:57pm
That's great.

Now how about stuff like this:

Quote The Beta 18″ Sub woofer we believe provides the tightest and most defined bass frequency response available in the UK today.
Plausible deniability at work again, isn't it? Except it's not plausible. It's a budget sub and you know it's a budget sub - not least of the reasons for which being that you yourself sell subs of a higher quality than this.

You can't square claims to be 'always honest' and 'never lie' with marketing bs at this level. Either the Beta 18 is the best subwoofer you supply (meaning all your more expensive subs are overpriced junk), or the claim is false (which we already know it is, putting your own plausible deniability aside).
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 1:17pm
Andrew,this thread may come accross that we are picking on you unmercifully,this is not the intention, just a quick 2 minute look on Ebay throws up a whole hornet's nest over over-rated chinese rubbish,with simply ludicrous claims and specifications, most of it is pure fantasy on the part of the maker/retailer.....10,000watts from a silly flashing light- disco speaker abortion, where we all know it is really about 40 at tops.

You really have the opportunity to put realistic specs and thruthful descriptions on your products,people will respect you far more for being honest about its performance,even if it is budget gear.

Take Amstrad in the 1970's....your bought one of their 15w per channel Hifi amps,and that's about what it would do,15 watts. But at least you knew what you were buying,not all these fantasy specs you advertise today.

Take the bull by the horns,and be the first manufacturer/retailer to offer genuine specs on his budget gear. 

Clap
Be seeing you.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 1:18pm
Post deleted as life too short

Edited by nickyburnell - 11 November 2017 at 2:55pm
It's everything, not everythink!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 1:57pm
it's great you're engaging with people here, Andrew. good stuff.
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 2:32pm
Fair play Andrew,Welcome to the Forum,people over here will ask a lot of questions.
But if you designed double 15" with crossover at 3khz and think thats ok.
Im glad that you trying to answer questions
Just don't be silly 

http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

"I do not make an 18 neo"   So you, "make" other drivers. At minimum (allowing for the fact you wont have your own foundry, but neither do others) making a driver means you actually wind your own coils, buy in your cones and assemble yourself. Now Wembley LS do this, as does RMJ (who commissions his own cones). It's expensive and labour intensive as can be seen by the pricing needed. Making 1000 drivers at a 125 quid price point is the stuff of big Chinese manufacturers like Elder Audio and Sound King, big, big concerns.
I don't think you get our drift on here (SP). Fine looking product you have, just stop the bull. It aint British, you don't manufacture drivers as such, you do the same as a ton of others by commissioning a Chinese cheap driver. This whole British, I manufacture, it's the best, is really a case for trading standards. You have put yourself forward as Dell Boy in the minds eye of a lot of people. But hey, bet you have more money than me, carry on, but don't expect respect of any sort here. Class D all over again.

Hi Nicholas
I think you are mistaken. I do not claim that I make everything in the UK. Full explanations are easy to read on my website and see on my youtube channel. I hide nothing. Give me a call on 07973223949 and I will explain in more detail. I do make my own speakers but I have to carefully select the components especially the cones. the baskets, magnets etc. I do all the prototype construction and test. I make some speakers in the UK and some in China.

Here is a link to my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4CTlcOEot9RBl5d66arTww

Thanks for the feedback and comments.
Andrew

andrew@bishopsound.com
Thanks
Andrew Bishop
07973 223949

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Andrew,this thread may come accross that we are picking on you unmercifully,this is not the intention, just a quick 2 minute look on Ebay throws up a whole hornet's nest over over-rated chinese rubbish,with simply ludicrous claims and specifications, most of it is pure fantasy on the part of the maker/retailer.....10,000watts from a silly flashing light- disco speaker abortion, where we all know it is really about 40 at tops.

You really have the opportunity to put realistic specs and thruthful descriptions on your products,people will respect you far more for being honest about its performance,even if it is budget gear.

Take Amstrad in the 1970's....your bought one of their 15w per channel Hifi amps,and that's about what it would do,15 watts. But at least you knew what you were buying,not all these fantasy specs you advertise today.

Take the bull by the horns,and be the first manufacturer/retailer to offer genuine specs on his budget gear. 

Clap

Thank you for this advise Ian
I turned 57 last month and during my Carlsbro days learned the importance of quoting RMS and SPL. I think i have been sucked into quoting peak and program power by the masses and this must stop. I am working hard to correct all my errors and thank you and all the members of the forum for the feedback. I am listening, reading, learning and taking action.

Thanks
Andrew
andrew@bishopsound.com
www.bishopsound.com

Thanks
Andrew Bishop
07973 223949
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 3:12pm
"The Beta 18″ Sub woofer we believe provides the tightest and most defined bass frequency response available in the UK today"

Andrew, I put above that you should attend the Void vs RC1 sound clash in Bristol, I was being very serious, Void Incubus has 21 inch subs and RC1 has multi 18 inch subs, go and listen to how Britain does actually sound, I am sure you will be totally shocked and it will give perspective on your own products, this is not a dig at you but statements like the above are a million miles off the mark, the designer of the RC1 system is launching a new active system for sa!e, if you would like to listen so you can grasp how British designed systems actually sound give me a pm and I will arrange it.

Regards Colin
Old king coles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old king coles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

"The<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;"> Beta 18″  http://rover.ebay.com/rover/13/0/19/Deal/Deal.cmp?bm=240&BEFID=422&aon=%5E1&MerchantID=9231&crawler_id=812061&dealId=OKmm162PKBcOs4UI-5Kr8w%3D%3D&=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.crutchfield.com%2FI-rdtmcU53%2FProduct%2FItem%2FDefault.aspx%3FI%3D130TSS3002&in_id=8058742&Issdt=171111095754&searchID=p38.234f368b16a30f67abcd&DealName=Pioneer+TS-SW3002S4++12+flat+woofer&dlprc=179.99&AR=2&NG=2&NDP=5&PN=1&ST=7&FPT=DSP&NDS=&NMS=&MRS=&PD=183139774&brnId=14305&IsFtr=0&IsSmart=0&op=&CM=&RR=2&IsLps=0&code=&acode=224&category=&Has=&ND=&MN=&GR=&lnkId=&SKU=130TSS3002 - Sub woofer we believe provides the tightest and most defined bass frequency response available in the UK today"</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Andrew, I put above that you should attend the Void vs RC1 sound clash in Bristol, I was being very serious, Void Incubus has 21 inch subs and RC1 has multi 18 inch subs, go and listen to how Britain does actually sound, I am sure you will be totally shocked and it will give perspective on your own products, this is not a dig at you but statements like the above are a million miles off the mark, the designer of the RC1 system is launching a new active system for sa!e, if you would like to listen so you can grasp how British designed systems actually sound give me a pm and I will arrange it.</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Regards Colin</span>

I'm going to the sound clash in Bristol! Shaping up to be an epic night and an awesome venue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>