Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yandamia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yandamia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J12
    Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:57pm
hello all
I need a line array speaker design d & b J12 please help

Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:01pm
Email D&B they are very helpful, also ask them about the custom drivers and a supplier, they may even send over a technician as well to set them up for you if you find them in a good mood.

Best of Luck :(
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
yandamia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yandamia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:11pm
oh yeah if d & b would give the box size also ?Smile
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 7:56pm
as tony kindly said, simply contact them and they will give you full plans, complete with a full cutting list, and if you require it, the CNC cutplan too so you can go about manufacturing them locally.

The fly-ware, connection panels, and drivers are all sold on ebay and parts express, so no worries about finding them.

Good luck buddy, keep us updated on how you get on Thumbs Up

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:43pm
Smile
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 6:20am
D&b will also do flatpacks. they probably will send you a construction guide with it. why dont look into L acoustics or JBL. they also do flatpacks.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 8:07am
Just don't tell them you're from Indonesia
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Just don't tell them you're from Indonesia

Why? I heard they got 10% discount :)

www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
yandamia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yandamia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:04am
why ?
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:32am
Well most brands won't sell to Indonesia because of the copying

I do have facebook and I do see what is going on. Pictures of branded cabs with the side panel removed and pencil at the ready

Bold audio beware
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:20am
Heck, years ago I went to a trade show and talked to an engineer at EV about my PPSL cabinet, and the next thing you know they came out with a version.

Their execution of my basic design was less than optimum (didn't go very low, -10dB at 47hz), it didn't make a lot of sense to me (they tried to make it go up to 800hz and cross to a compression driver), it didn't really sell (you think someone is going to put an 85kg box on a stand to get it up to ear level?), and they dropped it.

It was kind of funny, at the show that same EV engineer was sending people over to me that were asking for plans for the MTL2.
djk
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 10:43am
Yandamia, while you are on the phone (or email) to the nice guys at D and B can you get me detailed plans of the the D and B C7 sub please. Nice one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>