Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JAMAICAN COOKIE CUTTER SOUNDSYSTEMS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 9:40am
it was a joke about many reggae sounds ignoring the bad effect of comb filtering and  Twinkle Brothers tune "since I throw the comb away" , I posted a cut some posts ago on this thread.
Respect to dreadlocks and baldheads same way,  just an innocent musical quote from a reggae loverTongue

Bad Man Moriarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad Man Moriarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 9:52am
I just ment It wasn't funny
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 10:12am
Sorry for that, at least somebody else had a laugh. I just wanted to make it clear where it came from, and that it was not dreadlocks bashing. Humor on the net is difficult...
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 10:48pm
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 8:13pm
I'm currently using 12 x hogs and also 6 x folded horns; I also use kicks, mids and hi-mids with bullets and compression drivers; my system looks nothing like the pics shown, even my racks and flightcase looks totally different from any other that you've seen; these are all in Jamaica by the way.

Would try to upload a wall of 12 x hogs and racks but completely forgot how to load images on here.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 8:24pm
Hi ape, mi in JA fi anodda 3 weeks. Any chance ur guys ah play out in dis time?
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 9:12pm
Nah, in the midst of changing management and sorting some other things so not until summer as already have a few dates for then; back one week now myself but shut it down before I came back to the UK. Wish you could have seen and heard it Knet, 2 x PCM20 and one Crest pro 9200 on bass, nice soundin g and clean.

I'm on my mobile phone but will load pics when on laptop.
My system is in Ewarton so not too far from you I don't think.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 9:26pm
Shame. I'll be back here in November. So when ur there mek sure wi link up. Ewarton is just up the road from where a lot of mi cousins live.

I've not heard the PCM20 but was a bit disappointed with the PCM18 on sub duty. It was pretty amazing on kick tho.
ape3435 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ape3435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 9:39pm
I should be back in Dec so it depends when in Nov you're there and when I get there in Dec; St. Cath. north have state of emergency so everything gets shut down by 9/10pm so my area is quiet at the moment.
The PCM20 is ok on bass but don't sound as rugged as other amps, I have 2 x 6k toroidals and they sound more rugged than the 20s but no way as clean; the Crest pro 9200 on 6 x scoops surprised me though.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 10:09pm
Sorry, should have been clearer. I'm gonna here from November to April.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by ape3435 ape3435 wrote:

I'm currently using 12 x hogs and also 6 x folded horns; I also use kicks, mids and hi-mids with bullets and compression drivers; my system looks nothing like the pics shown, even my racks and flightcase looks totally different from any other that you've seen; these are all in Jamaica by the way.

Would try to upload a wall of 12 x hogs and racks but completely forgot how to load images on here.

imgur is the easiest to me. Click on green 'new post' button top left

then click on browse to find your pic 

once u got it up click on the tab on the top right corner 'get share links'

then copy the BBCode (forums) button and paste that on here

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 12:49am
Originally posted by ape3435 ape3435 wrote:

That's wicked. You get to take it out much? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>