Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jands TMS4's (Australian build)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 2:53am
Originally posted by StuVee StuVee wrote:

They sure are😃 and I'm picking them up next week btw for a full restore. Then they will go blue.....

Stu.

Great...post some pics up here and I'll go back to the old-timers and see if they remember them !!

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:10pm
Not a lot of people know this, but:

Although the classic Turbo systems were in the standard Turbo Blue, which was part of the marketing concept, the factory actually made some in black.

They were for export only and to special order, and it was done at the request of some major customers in the USA who insisted on an industry-standard black finish. Production managers, of course, liked everything in black for low visibility.

This was kept very quiet - Turbosound didn't want to lose their trademark blue colour as it provided instant recognition when their systems were seen in use, an excellent way of promoting the brand. Normally any request for an alternative colour was met with  "sorry, but we can't do that".

So black is a legitimate colour for Turbo boxes although if you want the classic look, blue is the way to go!

Edited by madboffin - 19 October 2020 at 1:12pm
StuVee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuVee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 12:37pm
I picked up 2 so far, one is effectively just the cabinet and crossover, the other is almost complete. They were originally blue and then painted black later, looks like I am 4th or 5th owner. I did get 2 new (reconed) 10" drivers as part of the deal, no sign of an hf unit yet. Just the flare. The 10s were turbo original but all markings peeled off, probably not their first recone.

Ill pick up the other two and post some photos. Anyone know where I can get a couple of 18" drivers?

Also what was the processor of the day?

Stu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12