Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jbl prx range vs rcf art range

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jbl prx range vs rcf art range
    Posted: 12 November 2012 at 7:45am
Having a complete downsize as my back getting too damaged plus Got a house to build.
Toying with the idea of having quality pub disco set up and exploring the idea of active midtops.
What r peoples thoughts on the jbl prx and rcf art range? Considering a pair on sticks above tham 15s.
Would be used for small-scale gatherings only 50 peeps style.

Thanks.
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:34am
maybe should add, im moving from a system that consisted of void loaded Rhinos, XB loaded G subs and BMS loaded MT122s all fed from matrix goodness - so i appreciate decent sound.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 9:44am
I don't think the art's sound too bad until they get pushed too hard and then the wheels fall off a bit. Having said that seeing as you won't be running into them straight from a mixer and using some form of LMS I assume, there will be the opportunity to notch out a bit of the hatshness as they get pushed.
Not knowingly heard the prx's but been told they're not bad either. Where are you based?
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:36pm
Thanks for that, its a bit of a new world all this powered cab buisness. I think i heard a rumour that there is a link between the new RCF stuff and 18 sound so does anyome know if the Art range has 18 sound components? a forum member has kindly offered me the plans to their mid tops but im drawn towards the idea of powered mid tops. Think these will be very useful in terms of being able to take out without amp rack,plus it means i can free up some more cash by selling off some whats in my amp rack.

I see your down Brighton - i lived down there and did parties around 1999 - currently at place called Hebden Bridge but soon moving to a Housing co-op thats off grid up, loads of land, chickens..that sort of thing but thats a story for a different forum!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:19pm
i quite like the sound of the RCF's, much less fatigueing at high power, but the JBLs do have a bit more grunt to them.

In terms of value, they are on a par i would say, each with their pro's and con's, but id go with the RCF out of that.

If you can find them at a reasonable price, id look at the Fohnn Xperience stuff - the most HIFI active PA out there i think - great cabinets!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by phildat phildat wrote:

Thanks for that, its a bit of a new world all this powered cab buisness. I think i heard a rumour that there is a link between the new RCF stuff and 18 sound so does anyome know if the Art range has 18 sound components? a forum member has kindly offered me the plans to their mid tops but im drawn towards the idea of powered mid tops. Think these will be very useful in terms of being able to take out without amp rack,plus it means i can free up some more cash by selling off some whats in my amp rack.

I see your down Brighton - i lived down there and did parties around 1999 - currently at place called Hebden Bridge but soon moving to a Housing co-op thats off grid up, loads of land, chickens..that sort of thing but thats a story for a different forum!

I heard chickens love RCF's... ;)

What kind of parties did you do down this way?
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:20pm

Edited by phildat - 12 November 2012 at 6:24pm
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:23pm

Did parties with crew called system at it out on the downs, and on the seafront towards marina couple of times.did a few warehouse parties with couple of the spiral tribe guys... took lights to a crazy rave in a church right in the middle of town in about 1996? anyway....
Reckon im gonna go with the rcf. Ill at least get down to a supplier and have a listen.
I will have a search for the fohnn stuff too. Thanks for that.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 8:24pm

I think i heard a rumour that there is a link between the new RCF stuff and 18 sound so does anyome know if the Art range has 18 sound components?

18 Sound was started by ex RCF engineers IIRC, so I wouldn't have thought the older company would start buying componnents from their younger competitor TBH, but who knows, stranger things have happened.
swan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 7:24am
I have the JBL PRX615M. I listened to HK and RCF. On the tests I enjoyed the prx more. Sounded warmer. (show room was small though) But it goes about choice. I was just drawn more to the PRX.
Music is my adiction
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 3:54pm
thanks mate.. if my current mid tops sell i will be getting some prx 15s. I do like all the routing available with the QSC cabs but reckon JBL is going to get my dollar!!
 Post Reply Post Reply