Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JBL sound power refurb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JBL sound power refurb
    Posted: 16 October 2015 at 2:03am
So on a whim I bought two unloaded sound power cabs about two years ago. Bit by bit I've collect the drivers as they were unloaded. 2206's , baby cheek hf's and now after much searching 2118 8" mids have arrived from the USA. The cabs are a bit tatty but structurally sound with the original passive xover fitted. I intend to bring them back to forma glory and use them for listening in my man cave powered by a crest 6001. I'll upload some pics if anyone's intrested? Ideally ill respray them to factory grey but how do I go about replacing or keeping the original logo's ? I'm very impressed with the 8"s which look new to me. Looking forward to loading them soon for the first time I only hope they sound as good as I hope!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2015 at 2:45am
Defo want pics!!.... we all love pics!!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2015 at 4:14am
4730a i believe .Pics to follow.. 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2015 at 4:22am
The hifi boys seem to like them!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2015 at 12:19pm
An old friend use to have a pair if big monitors in his front room as his hifi. 15,6 and then bullet. Sounded real nice off his quad 405. Just cant remember the model... they sounded good with JBL's extended bass responce and he would use them on his projector for movie nights.

...proper old skool 8mm projector. He only had about a dozen movies but we never cared as it was like a cinema in his from room! (Project sat in the room behind on the other side of a 6x6inch quartz glass window to keep the noise out.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2015 at 10:19pm
So after many an argument with my wife I'm now putting these cabs up for sale, advertised on FB Rig-resale etc. Apparently not to her taste...  
 Post Reply Post Reply