Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JBL Venue Series Bedroom System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JBL Venue Series Bedroom System
    Posted: 06 September 2013 at 12:07pm
Hi,  just thought i'd share with you my bedroom set up.  Consists of :

Pair of JBL VS215-6 
http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/venue/vs3215-6.pdf

Single horn loaded JBL VS125HS 
http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/venue/vs125hs.pdf

All with original drivers.

Three Crown Microtech 1200's and a Behringer Ultradrive Pro.  All set up to the correct JBL Venue Series Tunings.  High Passed at 38Hz (VS125HS run on the same channels as the lows of the VS3215-6's in discreet mode)

Very nice tight mid bass.  JBL 2227's are excellent for this.  

The VS3215's were dismantled to reduce weight when carrying upstairs 75kg! 

Edited by shaun1264 - 06 September 2013 at 12:49pm
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 12:32pm
serious stuff for a bedroom set upThumbs Up

shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 7:08pm
Thanks. Sounds great too.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 11:41am
How big is your bedroom? And how far away are  the neighbours?  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 11:44am
... splay
... comb filter

... yadder yadder yadder

Thumbs Up

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 12:58pm
None of that matters much when direct sound is only 2 feet away from your ears.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 1:02pm
Nice Thumbs Up

shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 1:34pm
I was waiting for someone to mention comb filter.      Listening distance is about three metres away! Certainly room filing sound. The loudest I go is around 100dB. In an average sized bedroom that is loud enough lol.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 2:23pm
You will find that with sound, a lot of it will subjective and like a lot of theory, things have to qualify, however, the clever bit is knowing what really matters and what doesn't. Sometimes theory will differ from real life ( or Live) situations.
If we all took notice of theory, a lot of stuff wouldn't reach fruition. In any room. You will always hear the sum total of the room if you are sitting a distance away from the source.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 2:31pm
... not being serious, lighten up.

is a shame not to have it in stereo though
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 3:30pm
Bet your neighbours love you! I used to have a similar sized PA in a rented room years ago at Uni. Could barely turn it on before someone complained, but then it was more for use outside of the room really. That was just storage with it plugged in.
shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 11:09am
Hi, I haven't yet ran it loud but the neighbours have noticed. . But around 100dB is fine for me. I have the gain down low on the input of UltraDrive. The sub can knock out 139dB and the tops around 132dB each. I doubt I'd ever get to those levels. Lol. The speakers are run on each side of the channel amps. Stereo but not true stereo. I bought the amps several years ago as singles. Took me a while to source them. High damping factor and good old Crown quality heavy iron. They have run many speakers of mine in the past from those ugly EV SX500's to a pair of Turbosound THL-2's.

The bass is good fast tight mid bass. Nothing to shake or vibrate, but its a decent sound where each bass tone can be differentiated. The VS125hs sub freq curve shows not much output under 50Hz.

The only problem I encounter is bad interference from my computer monitor transformer. I'll have to try a seperate electric point to remove the sound.

I may swap the bass out for a 4785 (see other topic of mine) which I'm refurbishing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>