Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just finished X1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:43pm
oh right, there is also a word like engrave or embos that means writting on wood with a flame or heat, cant remember it for crap though, so pyrography is the technical term then???

quick gogle says give or take is right, im sure there is a laymans word for it???Pyrography sounds cool though!

Edited by Markk James - 22 February 2008 at 2:45pm
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 5:00pm
are you thinking of branding?
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:21pm
no, its like etching or engraveing, but i cant remember the word, damn it, i should realy cut down on the smoke, either way back on topic the x1s look realy nice!!!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:02pm
I know the word you're thinking of Mark, just won't come out for me either... got a feeling it begins with S... ??

Edit...don't know where the S came from, just checked and it is indeed "Pyrography", though commonly known as "wood burning" and known in ye olden days as "poker work" ...
eg "Just off to down the lane to show Mrs Baker my pokerwork darling..."

Edited by jethrocker - 22 February 2008 at 11:07pm
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 12:33am
Originally posted by leswoodies leswoodies wrote:

We are thinking of drawing something on the outter side of the box, maybe also with fire, but this time with something more substantial than a soldering iron! To cover it we would use a see-trought glaze, maybe a little darker than the wood itself.

Search  Pyrography pen, that should make it easier.

It's quite fun too, I remember doing some at school...I wonder if it was a safe activity for kids high on sugar though....

very nice work on your boxesClap

Edited by GIVEorTAKE - 23 February 2008 at 12:41am
djstefanos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djstefanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 5:01am
access panel +1Thumbs%20Up
leswoodies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leswoodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 9:11am
Thanks guys for the positive feedbacks!

Yes, the idea for that access panel was to make the angles round what makes quite a difference in the aspect. Sadly, the speakon connectic hole is not perfectly round, but I won't upload the pic Wink

All the best

leswoodies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leswoodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 9:27am
Hey people,

Maybe I can use this topic to ask you the dilemma we have to face now that the X1 is ready for use.
What will be on top of it?
Cutting the X1 were it should be done, around 80-90Hz, we would like to go for a single 15" producing the frenquencies from there to 200-300Hz maybe.
To be honest, money limitations will force us to use our two Peavey PRO-12 for the mid range.

Any idea of what could be built in this type of situation?
Every advice/suggestion is welcomed.

Thank you,
Leswoodies
justamadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 4:46pm
mark mate,,,, scorching maybe???
in front of the bass bins baby
TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:39pm
It's not Marquetry you're thinking of is it?
I think I'm in love with your mum.
roundsoundz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundsoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 11:23pm
Nice job on them. Have you tested them out yet, Im thinking of building a couple of these to go under our HD's, have you used any padding/wadding in it at all? or do you not need to?
wooof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wooof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:44pm
          beauty build Bud ! may i suggest fluted dowels if it hasen't already been?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>