Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KAM KSM1600 Vertical Smoke Machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KAM KSM1600 Vertical Smoke Machine
    Posted: 08 May 2009 at 9:59pm

KAM KSM1600 Vertical Smoke Machine 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390014830484&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk

what do people think of these??
any one had any use of these?
im have no Knowledge of lighting ect what do people think of the vertical foggers i personaly like lots of thick fog so you cnt see any muntersLOL and you get to blind them with strobes Clap

Edited by chemicalabuse - 08 May 2009 at 10:13pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 3:05am
All depends on where you want the smoke to go.

Personally I use a big fan to disperse the fog quicker anyway so it's irrelevant whether it goes up or across
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
chemicalabuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 10:47am
well it would prolly be used mostly at freepartys so i would just want to fill the area near the rig so would if fog the area where the smoke machine is placed well ?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 11:57am

Think about it for a second....

IF you want to fill the dancefloor with smoke and you have a vertical smoke machine, where would you need to put the smoke machine?

Thats right..  the dancefloor.   And the fog would end up filling the air above it.

A regular machine you keep with all your other kit and point towards the area you want filled.

Edited by norty303 - 09 May 2009 at 11:57am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 10:16pm
okay i didnt know that i asumed that the fog would fall down to the dance floor ect so what would be a sutiable replacement? that can produce as much smoke??  
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 1:51pm
Any other regular smoke machine of the same power rating.  The KAM and any others should give you an indication on the spec of how much cuft/min or cu metres/min it can produce.  Those are the numbers to compare.

Thomann do a Stairville 1500 unit that is pretty good and cheap with it, and comes with DMX interface as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemicalabuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 3:19pm
hey thanks for the advice much apreciated i will look round and see what i can find =]  
 Post Reply Post Reply