Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Klark Teknik DN8000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapeworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klark Teknik DN8000
    Posted: 29 November 2012 at 12:01pm
Hi there,

has anyone got any experience with these, and any idea how much they are worth second hand.

cheers,

Phil.
luke_0301 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke_0301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 5:24pm
Iv had one for about 3 months now,paid £495.not quite got my head around it yet tho
more bass please
twinysteve View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 5:28pm
great sounding unit but i bit hard to use
as i said
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 5:42pm
The KT DN8000 is one of the better management systems along with the XTA . They are not too difficult to use really. And the sound quality is top class.
Value now around the £500-£600 mark. Depending on condition
"Music is life"
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 7:24pm
i saw one go on ebay for 210 & one go for 170 odd with a kt 1u programmible eq,but thats absolout bargain price,..i was tepted to get it,,but just purchased the db mark a week before,.i wouldnt mind compering these 2 units to see whats what,..
Tapeworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapeworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 12:24am
sweet,
I have just got hold of two with broken power supplies and was wondering if it was worth replacing them, i have been told i can get replacements for around £150 each but am waiting for replies from both sun power and KT to find out the availability.

looks like its worth replacing the PSUs, the only problem would be that we would need to use two to run our system in stereo. does anyone know if they can be linked for ease of control?

I have been looking at the db mark dp48 units too so would be interested in a comparison also!
Tapeworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapeworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 12:37am
ha ha, just found the pdf and answered my own question, yes they can be linked to be used as a 4in 10 out system. Winner!!
luke_0301 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke_0301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 1:48pm
Finally got our dn8000 set up,sounds great but we cant seem to match the input sensitivity between our amps and the dsp.
The dn8000 only seems to drop to 2.45V and our qsc rmx amps have 1.25v.
Is there something im missing or should they match up?
Will the sensitivity change depending on the load the amp is seeing? As the 1.25v quote on the rmx pdf is for an 8ohm load.

Hope someone can help
Cheers
Luke
more bass please
Santaclaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santaclaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 1:55am
Originally posted by QSS QSS wrote:

The KT DN8000 is one of the better management systems along with the XTA . They are not too difficult to use really. And the sound quality is top class.
Value now around the £500-£600 mark. Depending on condition

XTAs sound very good on pro systems and is what works best 
tall_mike View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tall_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2013 at 6:21pm
.....apart from the Dolby Lake :P
 Post Reply Post Reply