Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Klipsch lascala question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Klipsch lascala question
    Posted: 26 March 2019 at 8:11am
Looking for something beetween 100-500Hz w/ good efficiency and kick without too much sound quality issues. How good is the low end section of lascala, when it comes to midrange performance up to even 600Hz?  I know, straght horns are best ofcourse.. just wondering. 
Thinking to use RCF L15P540 drivers, should be fine for this design. 

The problem is, I have pair of JBL 2445J / 2380A horns and I want to make something around them to be used with subs (hogs as example).  2380A's are ok down to around 500-600Hz and up to 8kHz (horn tweeter required).  

Btw, lascala should respond pretty well for horn extensions!  "martin 115 add-on" :)

Edited by Tonskulus - 26 March 2019 at 10:00am
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 1:17pm
Lascala bass boxes makes great sounding 100-400 Hz. Output above that drops off fast. Deep bass is missing unless You add the ported bass extender. Google for plans.  You might need something between the Lascala and a 2445J/2380A.  
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 2:28pm
I'm trying to keep this setup as 4-way system (as much efficiency as possible without sacrificing too much sound quality ).. 
well another option would be altec 816A or similar to cover 100-600Hz. 
 Post Reply Post Reply