Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lab Gruppen Lucia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lab Gruppen Lucia
    Posted: 15 April 2019 at 10:17pm
Just got a Lab Gruppen Lucia off the 'bay as it seemed like it'd be a convenient home amp but having some trouble getting started with it and I'm not sure if I've bought a duff.

What I was expecting:
Plug in the amp, standby light comes on, give it some signal (RCA unbalanced) and it switches on, plays music. USB connection allows control of DSP and whizzy blahblah.

What happens:
Plug in amp, brief spin of fans, no lights, seems dead... Plug USB in, updated firmware just fine. Still no lights. Can talk to it via computer but can't play music (might be the most wife acceptable amp ever, lol).

Anyone got any experience with these? Do I need to hook up the GPIO on the back before anything should happen? I thought that was optional.

Any help greatly appreciated. I hope I'm just being dumb.
Don't test the champignon sound
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 11:16am
Have you consulted Manuel, the Spanish guy who knows everything? (http://www.prodgsystems.com/public/pdf/115_Operation%20Manual.pdf)

The amp should start up as soon as you apply power and a signal >-54dBu to an input.

GPIO pins do nothing to level, unless you connect external pots/control voltages.

Get a multimeter and check for continuity between pins 5 and 6. If it is a short then the amp is fine, if open circuit then there is a fault in PSU or channel.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:49pm
Yes, I'd already been consulting our Spanish friend.

It was a good call on the multimeter check: open circuit. Houston, we have a problem.

Think it's got to be returned sadly.

Shame really, I've thought a little Lab Gruppen Lucia would suit my needs for a while. I hope this isn't a common problem.
Don't test the champignon sound
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 10:29pm
Least they gave you a very easy way to diagnose a fault! Hope you get the cash back with no issues, very annoying when people try to flog defective gear. They think the buyer won't notice?
 Post Reply Post Reply