Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Label Printer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Label Printer
    Posted: 14 January 2021 at 6:45pm
Hey guys

What label printers are we all using? I am looking for something that integrates with Current well.

I have been keeping an eye out for a bargain of a GX430T Ethernet but none have come up yet. So I am looking at cheaper options until i find one.

The Brother units around £50 look ok?

Any opinions / Recommendations? 
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 7:31pm
i have the brother unit from screwfix, battery life is pretty poor but having the easy ability to get new rolls from any screwfix, different sizing etc etc its not bad, especially for bugger all. Assuming you have a trade account its also cheaper than book price!

Before xmas when they were on special special price i bought a few and resold on ebay at a fairly decent markup LOL

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 14 January 2021 at 7:32pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 7:56pm
I have a Brother E550W.. very pleased with it,
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:47pm
Sorry guys I should have been more specific, I’m after the type that will work with the Current rental software. For printing barcode labels etc. 

Something like the GX430T but cheaper until I find one cheap.

Jace

www.stage2sound.com
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 8:10am
I think mine does barcodes, as well as racks, patch panels, flag tags etc. I'll dig the book out and take a look. I just use it for marking up solar array strings so not used that feature. 

Edited by JonB67 - 15 January 2021 at 8:11am
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 11:04am
I use the GX430T with Current.  I will say, we had a right  run around getting  it to print smaller label barcodes properly. Once stock codes got up to 9 characters or so, the resolution of the printer wasn't fine enough for small barcode labels (the sort of size label you'd put on a mic belt pack for example)
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 12:44pm
The smallest label type we use with the GX430T is 9mm x 25mm.

Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 1:30pm
Ok, so my brother printer  (pte300vp) does do barcodes, but as far as i know they are just entered manually not sure if you're able to interface it with any other software and just use it as a printer. 
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2021 at 9:12pm
We use a ptouch (also on current) for barcodes. Spent bit of time building templates for the barcodes, so manually change barcodes before printing. Better if doing in batches.
It helps having a back up spreadsheet that generates the codes by category. 
When you add new stock level in current you can just scan the barcodes 
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

I use the GX430T with Current.  I will say, we had a right  run around getting  it to print smaller label barcodes properly. Once stock codes got up to 9 characters or so, the resolution of the printer wasn't fine enough for small barcode labels (the sort of size label you'd put on a mic belt pack for example)
QR codes are good when tou need em small. Also helps if you keep the barcode number simple. We generally have 'M#####' M (microphone) is the reference to the backup spreadsheet category, # is the line number from spreadsheet that generates the number 
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 10:54pm
As an owner of a Zebra GX420d... I would suggest keeping away from Zebra. It's a steaming heap of overpriced poo.

IIRC they are also a total PITA for software designers to integrate with too as Zebra aren't very cooperative which doesn't bode well for direct use with any sort of software.

Only good thing about it is the 300DPI resolution (make sure whatever you send it is at 300DPI, the onboard scaling is also very poo)

AngryAngryAngry

P.S. I've got a Zebra GX420d I'm more than willing to sell ;) 
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 10:56pm
Not feeling the love for Zebra!

Might just stick to buying pre printed labels for now :)

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>